Saturday, April 26, 2008

Only in MINNESOTA!

I cannot believe this. It's is SNOWING and it's freezing cold out today. The status of the walk is "tentative" and I don't think it's a great idea to drive to St. Paul only to be told to drive back home. So Dan and I are thinking that instead of doing the walk, maybe we'll just have everyone over to our house at noon for pizza? We have people in from out of town for this event, so this completely stinks. I feel so bad.

For those of you who were planning on attending, let me know your thoughts. If you all think it would be worth it to meet at Harriet Island still, then we'd be willing to do that. I just don't know what to do! ARG!

The wind chill right now is 21 degrees. Yuck. 28 mph winds with snow.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just realized the reason it snowed today . . . Yesterday I put Gary's long underwear away for the season. Sorry everyone! I should have known better.

xoxox
Cara

Tina:0) said...

Sorry to hear that the weather has put a damper on the walk:( Hopefully y'all have fun with whatever you do today! Take care!

Tina:0)

Samantha said...

So...was the pizza good??? I am sorry the weather turned so yucky...but I am sure that you all still had such fun...and this way everyone could enjoy the special little man of honor!!!

Love ya!
Samantha

Kathy said...

YUCK...SNOW!! (I'm trying to hold in my laughter!) That's unbelievable!
That really stinks about the walk though...but, having friends and family close in your house is FAR better!!!
ENJOY your lunch!
I will not tell you what the kids are doing right now...ok...well, if you insist. They are SWIMMING and getting sunburned!!!
Just hop on a plane tonight and I'll have the guest room ready for all three of you!!!
Kathy

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Brrr....

stay warm guys...

it's beautiful here...
but just think...


soon it'll be 200 degrees...
then we'll all be knocking on YOUR door asking for a place to stay.

jencooper said...

Oh my goodness....SNOW! It was in the 80's here today. I hope that you were able to enjoy time with your friends and your family today.

<3,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Don't you people up there know it's the END of April? Like...May is here in a few days? I lived up north almost my whole life and don't remember it snowing this late. That's crazy! I'm sorry it had to pick such a big weekend for you, but I'm sure you guys all made the best of it by being together. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

~Cindy