Saturday, April 12, 2008

Sick sick sick

We did everything in our power to lower Elijah's temp yesterday. At 1:30 his temp was 103.6 and by bedtime we had it down to 100.2. We woke him up every four hours to give him tylenol and continue checking his temp. I just put him down for a nap and he was at 98.8. Thank God. And let's hope we can keep it from coming back. This fever has me totally freaked out.

We are walking a very fine line. Dan and I need to be constantly on our toes right now. We have to make sure Elijah isn't too hot or his fever will spiral out of control. We have to make sure he isn't too cold or he'll have another blue spell. We have to keep a close eye on his breathing and on the color of his lips and on his eating and drinking liquids. I feel so frazzled with all of this going on and with surgery quickly approaching. It is more obvious every day that his heart is READY to be fixed. We can't put it off much longer, but we need him healthy before we can do it. All I can do is pray that it will all work out.

Our house has a very somber mood right now. Dan and I are sleep-deprived and scared and we're doing our very best to get Elijah healthy. I'm hoping we're on the tail end of this nasty fever and that he will only get better from here!

I have some cute pics to share but I'm too tired right now. I think I'll go try to sleep while the chunky monkey is sleeping. Thanks for checking in and for all of the prayers!! They have helped!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad that E's fever has come down. You and Dan are doing an amazing job-I'm sure it is so hard to feel so anxious and scared-you are all constantly on my heart and in my prayers. I'm praying for a restful, healing day for everyone and for the fever to stay down..PLEASE let me know if I can bring you anything or do anything for you.
xoxo
Ann Marie

il Dan said...

Hey Ma, Elijah here. I just wanted to say that you don't have to worry. I just like to do things my own way and in my own time. Yeah, I can be difficult but hey I'm worth it! You get some good sleep in today and get excited for the Masters this weekend. Daddy and I promise to save a spot on the couch for you so you don't have to miss a minute of the action. I'll keep this fever down so all you have to think about is if Tiger can make a comeback and if Lefty can Not choke and play good for the next 2 rounds. See you soon hot Momma, we're off to play downstairs.

Your Boyz.

Andrea said...

Fevers always freak me out too. I hope that was the end of the sickness last night and everyone feels better and gets a good night sleep tonight.

Kathy said...

Glad you got the fever under control.
Oh...you sound so sad...and that isn't like you..
I'm going to have to wake you from a nap today and let you hear my sweet southern accent...it will surely purk you up!!!
I'm glad that you have a sweetie pie husband helping you out...and a sweetie pie baby that loves that you work so hard for him. (isn't just looking in their eyes worth it all...I just give Isaac an extra squeeze when I need the energy to keep moving)...so SQUEEZE Megan...SQUEEZE!!!
Rest well today guys...
hugs and love,
Kathy

Samantha said...

You are amazing! I know you are tired...try to get as much sleep as you can.

I have not read through the above comments yet...but is Elijah allowed to have Motrin this soon before surgery? If he is...try to do the every three hour rotation of Tylenol and Motrin...that way he has more break from the fever...but...I am not sure if he is allowed to have the motrin before surgery...check with your doctor.

I am sorry he is acting up...that heart just needs to get repaired, you are all so ready. I am thinking and praying for you guys nonstop. I really wish I was there because I could have Micah and Elijah play while you took a really long nap!

Please let me know if there is anything you need or I can help you with...now is the time that you NEED your friends and family and don't be afraid to ask.

Lots and lots of love!
Samantha

Colin's Blog said...

Praying that fever away and for Elijah to be well. Too much stress in your house right now. Sleep deprivation makes every situation worse. Will keep checking in. Remember-one day at a time.

Anonymous said...

You guys are such wonderful parent and Elijah is such a lucky guy to have you!!! It's so obvious how much you are in love with that boy! Only a few more days....we are all praying for sickness to stay at bay and fever to stay gone!! I know you guys are sooo ready for him to get fixed!!!!

Love,

Cindy