Wednesday, April 23, 2008

HOME!


This picture says it all!

I have never seen more smiles out of our baby than in the last hour since being home. He is a very happy boy. And we're happy, too! I felt the most amazing, freeing feeling as we drove out of the hospital parking ramp in the NICE WARM WEATHER.


Right before being discharged. This was Elijah's favorite position...just relaxing! Look at those thighs!


All of the stuff in this pic was given to us since we were admitted to the hospital. WE FEEL SO LOVED. This isn't even everything. There are a million balloons you can't see and there are many meals that are in our bellies. Dan and I were just talking about how we have no idea how people go through something like this without support. We have the best family and friends on the entire planet. (It's a good thing most of the food in the pic is non-perishable. We are set for snacks for a loooong time!) Thank you to all of you who have helped us out in some way. Even people across the country helped by sending gift cards for food and cash and care packages and gifts and all kinds of things. THANK YOU thank you thank you!


Happily playing with toys AT HOME!

We have an appointment on Monday with Dr. Gremmels for a check-up. Other than that, we're going to try to get back into the swing of things. The tough part this time around is that not picking Elijah up for 4-6 weeks underneath the armpits is DIFFICULT. Try getting a 24-pound baby in and out of a car seat, crib or high chair without putting your hands under his arms. I'm going to drop him!

I think I'm going to head back to work on Friday, as hard as that will be, so I can have some vacation time to use the rest of the year. I think I'll have five days to use until December 31st! I'll have to use it wisely!

That's all for now. We're going to put Elijah down for a nap in his own comfy, quiet bed where there are no nurses poking and prodding him at all hours of the day and night. Thanks for checking in and for all of the prayers and support. We love you all so much!!!! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

29 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so happy for you guys! He looks just wonderful and happy to be home!

Kathy said...

I've been checking your blog ALL MORNING....I'm SO GLAD that you're home!!
He looks wonderful!
Sweet dreams....
kathy

Anonymous said...

wow!
Look at him!
You would never know he just had open heart surgery.
That amazing!
I'm so glad everything went well.
and fast!
Take care.
Lynette

Unknown said...

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! He looks sooooo well. I'm getting emotional now just thinking what he's been through (emotional meaning teary eyed). Congratulations and most of all PTL!

Tina:0) said...

Yeah!!! Welcome HOME!!! He looks so comfortable & content sitting on the floor and playing! Glad that you are all home & doing well, and can finally get some much needed rest!

Heart hugs!
Tina Walp:0)
http://nevaehkaylenewalp.blogspot.com/

Dina said...

I'm glad you are home with your chunky, thighed boy!!
Dina

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Eli certainly didnt suffer weightwise for all that time without food did he..hahaha...He still managed to keep his thighs... ;o)
I got goosebumps seeing the photo of him smiling the biggest smile at HOME!!!
I am soooo happy for you all....

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! I can't even express how happy we are that Elijah's surgery and recovery have gone so well. All three of you are so very strong. Rest now while you can...Elijah will be on the move and getting into trouble in no time!

Take care, and give that boy a big hug from us.

Amy, Mitch & Wilson

Anonymous said...

Welcome home you amazing little boy. Much love to all from Australia. XXXX
Your smile melts my heart every time.

Andrea said...

Yay! Congratulations! He looks so happy to be home! He is amazing, you guys are amazing! What a great surgery experience you had! Gives me hope for ours coming up next month.

Anonymous said...

We are just thrilled Elijah did sooo well and you are all home. Best Wishes from Kansas City.

Colin's Blog said...

Wow-what an amazing and quick recovery!! Must be so nice to be home with a healthy boy. Enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks be to God. He looks great and is so happy!!!! You all have an amazing story and I am glad you are back at home and all is going well.

Rest up and enjoy Elijah's beautiful smiles, mommy and daddy!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

So happy for you all.
Kate's Nana

mina said...

Wonderful, wonderful news. I bet everyone's smiling after making it home. Elijah's really a miracle child, what an amazing recovery!

Anonymous said...

Hey! So glad that you guys are home! Way to go PortaPaul and I had the best time coming to visit you in the hospital! I had no idea what to anticipate, but you both were so welcoming and truly very entertaining! It was a privilege to visit! We are so glad that Eli is back at home and looks so HAPPY!! We want to come visit soon!
Ann Marie and Paul
PS Paul and I will be at the walk (we may be bringing the two little girls I nanny for with us!)

Jane said...

Wow! This such great news. I'm so relieved for all of you. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of trouble he's going to get in with all of that extra oxygen :)

jencooper said...

Isn't home the best place to be?? I am so happy that you made it to the comforts of your own bed.

I love, love, love the chunky thighs!!

Enjoy loving on all of those rolls!!

<3,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Love it! He looks so happy! Enjoy your "new" little boy and the newfound freedom with him this surgery has brought. I'm so excited for you guys.

Love,

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I am so happy you guys are home and makes me smile every time I see him! It so wonderful to know that God heard our prayers and took care of Eli in his time of need. I will praying that he continues to grow strong and healthy. Hope to see you guys soon.
Love and Hugs,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Finally some peace. We're so happy you can enjoy healing in your own nurturing home.

WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Ann(ie) said...

:) YAY!! You're home. And little man looks so happy.
xoxoxo. Git some rest my friends.

Unknown said...

I'm so happy you guys are home. He looks great! Now you will get some good rest tonight. I can't wait to watch Elijah start to take off. :)

Anonymous said...

Great news!!! You will reamin in my prayers. Jess Bentley (friend of the Yoders)

Anonymous said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!! Yay - I am doing a happy dance for you! That is so wonderful! :-)

Krista said...

What a wonderful day...the picture of Elijah does say it all...that's perfect! I'm so proud of him...from laying down to sitting up and banging on his drums! What a man!

You are still in our prayers...especially going back to work Megan...My heart goes out to you!

Sending lots of congratulatory hugs! I am amazed!

Samantha said...

What a wonderful day indeed! I am so happy for you guys! Your little boy is such an amazing little thing...and he makes me so proud. Both you and Dan are incredible too! Enjoy your day off today with him! I am hoping that you all got a great night of sleep last night. I will check back in on you soon...

Lots of love,
Samantha

P.S. I did not comment on your picture with Dr. Moga...he is so adorable...he is so young looking...but you can see the strong yet delicate nature of his surgeon hands...glad you got his picture.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Soooooo hoping you and Dan and Eli are doing well... I bet its nice to be back in your own beds!!!

Wendy said...

Woo-Hoo, Megan!!!

It's great to hear that you are all HOME!!! :) I know that feeling of driving out of the parking garage...it's the feeling of FREEDOM, and relief....so much relief that your little one made it through such a major ordeal! Praise God!

Elijah looks so good and happy to be in his own house again! I hope you are all able to get some much needed rest! (The night we got home I kept dreaming that we were still sleeping in the hospital!!)

Give that cutie-patootie a great big heart hug from us! We are so happy that he's recovered so well!!!

Lots of Love & Continued Prayers,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/emmanicole