Thursday, April 10, 2008

El hospital

So much for not being in the hospital. We're back!

Elijah and I were having a nice, quiet day by ourselves at home when he decided to scare the CRAP out of me. I had just fed him lunch and laid him on the ground to change his diaper. He looked like he was a bit cold and shivered and then a split second later he was PURPLE and screaming. I picked him up and tried to warm him up but his color just kept getting worse and he started getting listless and acting funny. After 10ish minutes of this, I finally called 911 and the paramedics came and by that time he was fine (of course). They left and we called Dr. G and he told us to get to the hospital right away.

We spent the first 2.5 hours in the ER, which was horrible for our little man. They poked and xrayed and tested pretty much the entire time and he was MAD. If anyone with a blue coat even walked into the room, he screamed his head off. His sats are running really low. When he's mad, they're running between 25-50%. When he's content, he's running between 50-65%.

Dr. G stopped in briefly but was on his way to the airport (No! He's leaving us again!) and said that he wants to have Eli monitored here in the hospital for probably 48 hours. We are hoping that his low sats and the purple spell today are a result of this cold that he's hanging onto. They ran every test under the sun downstairs so hopefully we can rule things like RSV out. So far we know he does not have an ear infection and he does not have a bladder infection.

Right now we are back up to our usual 3rd floor spot, watching the snow fall outside! I made Dr. G promise that we wouldn't have to deal with nurses coming in through the night to check vital signs and waking him up constantly, so hopefully he can actually get some sleep tonight. Dan is feeding him right now and then we're going to try to put him to sleep. He is SO TIRED.

I think we will get to see Dr. Moga tomorrow and hopefully he'll give us an idea about whether or not we should reschedule surgery or not. NO RESCHEDULING!! We are praying that this is just a cold and that it's on it's way out. I forgot to mention that E's temp has been pretty high all day (as high as 101.8) but now it is back down to normal, thank GOD.

Ok, off to baby duty. Please pray for our boy! Thank you for checking in.

8 comments:

ThePicks said...

Oh no, back in the hospital?? Poor little Elijah. We'll be praying for his cold to make a quick exit and for his surgery to stay on schedule.

Love,
The RA

Kathy said...

NOOO...Megan...tell Elijah that he's stressing us OUT!!! I hate that poor little cutie pie is back in the hospital...now in the world can he rest?? You stand firm with your nurses...they have ALL told us that we can refuse those middle of the night check ins, weigh ins, blood pressure checks....so, you TELL THEM!!!
We'll be praying for you guys...I hope that they find a reason for Mr. Elijah's sudden sickness....and they can fix it before surgery.
Love,
Kathy

**I guess Eli didn't like Micah getting all the attention...and Emma too!!! These little stinkers!

TimnKatienElinSam said...

Tons of prayers being sent your way!!! Elijah is just messing with you. He is going to get better soon! I am going to be in Mpls for meetings this weekend...what can I bring you?

xo-Katie and the boys

Samantha said...

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Tell Eli to shape up...this is not allowed! Micah is in charge of the drama this week...Eli was suppose to be giving you a break before surgery! Oh my...we need to get Micah out of this hospital so that we can fly up there and have a serious talk with Eli...Kathy...make sure to meet me there...I am afraid of this darn button!

I am praying hard for you guys. Lots and lots of love!

Call me if you need anything...you know I don't sleep!

Love,
Samantha

Colin's Blog said...

Oh no!! I can't believe the day you all had!! I was so excited that you were going to get some mama and Elijah time before surgery. Ok-lots of prayers that Elijah gets better and surgery will not be rescheduled!! We are thinking of all of you. Sounds so scary-Colin had a similiar episode a while back and it was so stressful. Make sure no one wakes up Elijah and, hopefully, you can all get some sleep too (although I know how hard it is to sleep in the hospital). Take care and we'll be checking in on you guys.

Anonymous said...

yikes! When all this is over and your little man is back to a-ok you and dan should go into a profession that requires nerves of steel!!
I am praying for no resched. surgery and for God to push the kiddo over this sickness hump. Let me know if you would be interested in a visit this weekend if you are still in the hospital. hugs and prayers!
Ann Marie

Anonymous said...

That would scare the bejesus out of me! Thank the gods he isn't purple anymore. I am thinking of you and your handsome little man and hoping this is just a visit - maybe he'll even get sprung tomorrow!

He gets Synagis shots, doesn't he?

Ehlan said...

Oh no! Prayers he can get surgery next week!