Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Low

Dan took Elijah to the doctor today just to ease our minds about his sickness. Thankfully it is just a cold and his lungs sounded good and his ears were clear and we just have to let it run its course. Yay!

But. While he was there they checked his O2 sats and guess what they were at? 59-61%! That is crazy! We honestly cannot tell by looking at him that he is running that low. His lips look fine unless he's upset and then they get a little bit blue but that's been pretty normal for him for the past month or so. He hasn't been eating well these past two days, but we've attributed that to his sickness.

I called Dr. Gremmels in a panic but he is out of town. He can't go out of town! What is he thinking?! I'm kidding, but really, I feel totally lost without him! Dr. G's nurse sounded a bit concerned when I told her what Elijah's sats were at so Dr. Wright is going to call me shortly to set up a plan. It's possible that we may be going to the hospital tonight or tomorrow. I really have no idea. I do know that 60% sats are LOW.

We'll keep you all posted. Prayers, please!

p.s. DayQuil has helped me go from feeling like CRAP CRAP to just feeling like CRAP. At least it's helping a little! And I think Dan might be getting whatever Elijah and I have. We are a mess!!

6 comments:

Andrea said...

That is low. I would be concerned too. You poor thing with everyone sick and having to worry about this too. You are in my prayers! I hope everyone feels better FAST!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh dearie!! I am totally dying that I was consumed with spring break stuff last week and haven't been checking your blog!!! I am thinking about you all and hope that you and Elijah are much improved.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Pinch the juicy muffin for me!!!
Love Auntie.

Krista said...

Major major prayers going up for all of you. I just feel so bad for all of you. It's tough enough with a sick kid...let alone the caregivers being sick! I am so sorry.

I hope you get some answers about his O2...and that you can avoid the hospital.

I'm praying hard...and will be checking in on you all...I wish I could help! lots of love and prayers

Samantha said...

I am praying for you guys right now and praying that you do not have to move that surgery up any. When does Dr. G get back in town? You know that our cardiologist's name is Dr. Wright...so you are in good hands with a doctor with that name! Hang in there my friend...call me if you need anything at all...I am home for the rest of the night! I am glad that you only feel like CRAP, and not CRAP CRAP.

Lots of love and prayers.
Samantha

Colin's Blog said...

Oh no-low sats! It does seem strange that Elijah doesn't look blue with sats that low. Were they accurate?? Colin's sats only seem accurate in the hospital when I can tell that everything is correlating. I hope everyone gets better soon. I know exactly what you are going through right now. Just a couple of months ago I was in that exact situation-waiting to send my baby boy into surgery. It's so hard. I will be praying for all of you to get through the next couple of weeks and for Elijah to get healthy quickly.

Melanie, Tim & Colin

Melanie

jencooper said...

Hang in there my friend!!

<3,
Jen