Friday, April 11, 2008

Fever

Dr. Sutton discharged us from the hospital today because they were doing absolutely nothing for us besides making sure we all got horrible sleep. Elijah's temp was down when we left, all his tests came back negative and his sats were holding steady. We put him down for a nice long nap when we got home and when he woke up he had a fever of 103.6!!! He is totally burning up. I have a call into Dr. Sutton to see if he wants him to come back in or if we should monitor this from home.

ELIJAH!! Stop freaking Mama out! I'm going to have a heart attack soon. I have no idea what could be causing this fever. It's a mystery. In my gut, I'm thinking surgery might need to be postponed. We'll see what Dr. S decides and what these next few days will bring.

Please pray for our man! NO MORE FEVER and no more sickness!

Update: Dr. S called back and said to try to get past this fever at home, unless his color starts to change drastically. There is nothing they could do for us there that we can't do here, unless he ends up needing oxygen. Hopefully it goes down very soon so our chunky man can start feeling better. Poor guy, babies shouldn't be allowed to be sick. :(

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You poor things...you guys have had such a rough week. I am glad to hear your home but wish Mr. Elijah would stop scaring us so much. I'll be keeping you guys lifted up in prayer.

Sending hugs your way,

Vanessa & Arianna

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a week you've all had! Please, Elijah, be nice to your poor mommy!!! Hope you can get that fever under control...wonder what could have caused that?! There are so many people praying for you guys so hang in there!!!

~Cindy

Samantha said...

Oh Megan...that boy is such a stinker! I am so sorry that he is acting up on you guys like this. At least you are at home...that business of sleeping at the hospital is NO fun.

I am praying hard for a very quick recovery so he can have his surgery as planned. My thought on this is that his little heart is struggling and needs to be fixed and that is making him more susceptible to illness. Give him big hugs and kisses from us and you take care of each other too!

Lots and lots of love and prayers.
Samantha

Kathy said...

Yeah...I agree with Samantha...it's a catch 22..he can't get well, because his heart is so weak...and he needs to get well to get his heart fixed. My..I wish they knew what was causing all of this trouble. You guys are still in our prayers...Glad to see that you're home (good thing you had already arranged to take off of work (what good intuitions you had!!)
Sweet dreams guys...hope you're able to rest now!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Wow...I am going to have to print this blog out so you can read it at Eli's groom's dinner someday! How much drama and scares he has put you through lately!!
Bladder infections are horrible for anyone; I can't imaging how that little man must feel right now!
Stay strong. After this surgery, I am positive things will be on the incline. One step back, two forward..... If there is anything I can do to help you guys, please let me know!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!
As I read your last post and the comments I was thinking about when I was at the end of really grueling races (not at all the same as what you're going through, but stay with me) and everyone is cheering for you to hang in there, and that is exactly what you have to do. I think that the hardest parts of hard times can be the end, when you're already worn down, but you just have to remember that the end is in sight, and when it's over with it will be so worth all this heartache! Sorry for the long Tony Robbins comment! You're all in my prayers!
Ann Marie

Anonymous said...

P.S. I didn't mean to leave out that I think the two of you have been AMAZING through this whole ordeal! You are such courageous and positive people!!
Ann Marie

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Fingers crossed that this really high temp is the fever breaking and he will get better from here...
My heart drops when I read what is going on with Eli thru bloglines... I am worried for you all from the other side of the world...
PLease take care of yourselves too...

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh boy...

I'm sorry....
I am keeping you guys in my prayers...