Thursday, April 24, 2008

Videos

If you haven't already, please see the previous post about Kate's Kart!


That's our boy! He is sooo content. He could lounge all day like this and be totally happy. Even with a fixed heart! Ug, I think we have a lot of work in store.

I've been meaning to write and say that we are ALL going to try to make it to the Heart Walk on Saturday. All three of us! That is, if the weather is cooperative. Our awesome friends Pam and Grant volunteered their talents and time to make some t-shirts for us. I don't think we'll have enough for everyone, so plan on wearing a red shirt just in case. I'll post further details about the walk tomorrow sometime.

I called Dr. G today because Elijah's eyes were looking a bit puffy again before bed. He said to increase the Lasix to 3X/day for a couple days and that should take care of things. He hasn't slept very well today (he's soooo scared when we leave him in his bedroom by himself) so hopefully he will get a good night of sleep tonight.

And here are a few videos from recovery. The first one is a bit hard to watch (emotions came flooding back as I watched it).







9 comments:

mina said...

The videos are all amazing, but there's definitely nothing like seeing those first few smiles after surgery. What a trooper! So glad you're home and doing well, we'll be hoping for NO FLUID RETENTION!

Thanks for taking the time to check in on us, I'll continue to drop by to see what little Elijah is up to!

Anonymous said...

It's so awesome seeing him in his own clothes, smiling and chillin' on the couch! He's loving life!!!

We hope the fluid retention is gone in the morning and that you all have a great night's sleep!

Give Elijah a big hug and kiss from us all.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

He is soo adorable...
I left a couple comments on the You Tube...

Anonymous said...

Hi! Elijah is looking so good! I will keep praying for no fluid retention and that God would heal his emotional trauma. I marvel at all your family has come through in the past year and how well you have done! Paul and I will see you Saturday at the Heart Walk!
Ann Marie

Tina:0) said...

Its amazing to see the progression of how much better he looks from one video to another. They bring back memories for me, too. And bring thoughts of what's to come in the next couple of weeks for Vaeh. I hope that Vaeh comes through her surgery as well as Elijah came through his! Thanks for checking in on Vaeh's blog - don't worry about "taking so long," you have your hands busy! Just keep doing such a great job! Elijah is lucky to have such wonderful parents!

Heart Hugs,
Tina :0)

Krista said...

Thanks for plugging Kate's Kart...even in the midst of being home 1 day...you're amazing! It's so great to know that we all are truly in this together...no matter the circumstance!

I'm still celebrating Elijah! He himself is amazing too! They all are!

Anonymous said...

The last 2 videos were definitely more fun to watch than the first 2! And what in the world was Elijah banging on his book? Poker chips??? He sure does look great. Hope the puffy eye is going away!!

Take care of yourselves!

~Cindy

Ehlan said...

I'm so glad that you posted all of the videos at the same time...it made the first one easier to watch when I could see the last one too! Glad to see he's doing so well!! You guys are absoultely amazing! Best wishes & prayers!!

Samantha said...

I finally had a chance to watch the videos...that boy is so adorable!!! The first one was really hard to watch, I think that the thing that broke my heart the most was the way you looked Megan...I remember that look. I was happy to see the high sats!!! I also just loved Eli lounging around...how adorable!!!

I am so happy that you guys are home and doing so well...hope the puffy eye cleared up today.

Love ya!
Samantha