Saturday, May 3, 2008

Some of us are tired..

..and some are not. Elijah is usually exhausted by 5:30 every night and asleep by 6:00. Not tonight! I just had the most surreal, unusual evening with him. He was smiley and giggly and not showing a single sign of tiredness so I kept him up till 7:15. Even though he still wasn't acting tired, I decided to try to put him to bed anyway. I rocked him for a bit in his room and he kept grabbing my nose and laughing. I finally put him into his crib, expecting tears like usual, but he just rolled onto his side and went to sleep. Unbelievable! I stood outside his door scratching my head like, What just happened? It was wonderful!

Dan and I switched off taking naps today and even after a large 3-hour nap, I still feel exhausted. What is the deal? I almost feel like I've had too much to drink I'm so tired. The hospital really kicked our butts. It is taking forever to get caught up.

I did get a few things on my List crossed off today like getting my hair cut FINALLY (thanks to the wonderful Jai who came all the way to our house for it!) and sorting through the Heart Walk t-shirts. I should be able to get a shirt to everyone who showed interest in them, so hopefully I can get those mailed out very soon. If you asked for a t-shirt, would you mind emailing me your mailing address to mmporta@gmail.com? Thanks!


Look at my new big boy car seat! Thanks Grandma!








I have such big, pretty eyes and curly hair! My mommy always tells me I'm pretty.


Brushing my teeth before bed. Look at my belly!




One last thing. Please keep this little girl in your prayers. My good friend Cara has a niece, Ellie, who just got diagnosed with a brain tumor that carries a 10% survival rate. She will be starting radiation soon so please pray that she will be healed and fall in that 10%. Here is a picture of Ellie.

6 comments:

Tina:0) said...

I think sometimes too much sleep is just as bad as not enough! Hopefully I'll get caught up a little while Vaeh is in hospital!

What a nubby little guy?!? The look on his face when sitting in his new seat is "yeah, I know I'm spoiled & I love it!" Such a cute little face, I could just eat him up!

Please let Cara, Ellie & their family know that we will be keeping them in our prayers! As you noted on our blog - prayer can change things!

Take care & hopefully get caught up on you sleep!

Big heart hugs!
Tina:0)

Anonymous said...

What a happy looking little guy you have. So glad he is doing so well.
Sorry to hear about your neice. A new one for our prayer list. Kate's Nana

Samantha said...

OMG...cute, cute, cute...could I just borrow him to eat him up??? That tummy and that chin are delicious!!! He looks like such a grown up in his big boy carseat! Noah and Leah have that car seat too! We love it!

I cannot even believe the nice way that Elijah fell asleep! Oh, I long for the day!!! Yes, we have terrible sleep habits in this house...but the older two are much better now!

I hope that you are able to get some more naps in today to help clear that foggy head. Yay for a haircut...I need one too!

I will certainly keep Ellie in my prayers...she is a beautiful girl.

Lots of love!!!!
Samantha

P.S. Do you have my address still, or do you need it???

Anonymous said...

Yea for going to sleep like a big boy! Jacob started pulling that weird nap stuff at about Elijah's age...maybe a little younger. He used to take 2 great ones a day like clockwork. Then, one day, he decided he didn't need 2 a day anymore and we had to go to one. Ugh. We had to experiment and wound up having to wait till later in the day and try to put him down for one nap at the same time every day. That's the only thing that saved me over here. WE need these little guys to nap so we get a break!! :)

I'm so glad you are getting away to Florida. You guys sure deserve a nice, warm weekend away!

I am saying big prayers for Ellie and her family. What an awful situation.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend...hope you catch up on some rest!!

~Cindy

Kathy said...

Elijah just gets cuter every time we see him! I LOVE those curls...and that belly...jealous! Isaac looks like a little shrimpo in his big boy car seat...
What a treat with him just going to sleep like a big boy...you'll have to tell us if it happened again last night!
Thanks for the great updates.
And we'll keep Ellie in our prayers.
Kathy

mina said...

Adorable! I love those curls. Little Ellie is a cutie too, I'll be keeping her in my thoughts.