Thursday, May 22, 2008

Lots of random things as I take a quick lunch break

Answering a few of your questions and offering some additional tidbits..

Dan and I did meet skydiving. We had known each other from the dropzone for a while, but because of timing and other people, we didn't start dating for a year or two after meeting.

Dan has been to about four different doctors for his rash, he has taken steroids, antibiotics, and he has applied many creams. Every doctor seems to tell him something different. One thought it was contact dermatitis and another thought it was a reaction to detergent or shampoo. Who knows?!? At one point earlier in the week it was all over his arm, neck, face and ears. The rash isn't welcome in our house anymore!

We are going on a babyless vacation in July! We have to get our yearly Vegas fix. And we have to meet the Roller family! We will be there July 10-13, so please join us as we unleash some pent-up stress on poor Las Vegas. We already have a few friends who are coming along. Plane tickets are getting more and more expensive, so book quickly! Good thing we've been saving up for this.

I think we've come to an agreement about Elijah's hair. I told Dan we could get it SLIGHTLY TRIMMED if he was willing to find a nice place that would make Elijah feel comfortable. It does get in his eyes a lot, so I feel bad about that. We're not totally getting rid of the curls, though! Who cares if people think he looks like a girl. That just means he has a pretty face.

I was able to find a picture of a very young Dr. Moga on the internet and LOOK! He has long hair! (Does it make me kind of stalker-ish that I googled our surgeon?)



We had the pleasure of meeting this beautiful baby boy and his mama, Lea. He is such a precious little guy. And so strong! They are hoping to get Johnathan home from the hospital within the next week or so. Please keep them in your prayers. They are dealing with a few little setbacks after he had open heart surgery a few weeks ago. While we were there visiting, we saw our beloved DR. G roaming the 3rd floor halls! He did a double take and said, "Just visiting I hope?" We chatted for a bit and he asked how Elijah was doing and said he looked great.

8 comments:

Kathy said...

OH...I can't wait to meet you guys (in person!) I've marked the dates on my calendar!!!
How cool that you were able to meet Johnathan...and see Dr. G in the halls...what a day!!!
Good compromise on the hair...I'm a fan of long hair on guys...he's handsome anyway!!
Smoochy moochy on him for us!
Love,
Kathy

Dina said...

I didn't even think about you and Johnathan's family living near each other - how cool that you all were able to meet.
Um, yeah...I'm probably no help in the cutting of the hair department with all girls whose dad likes them to have long hair - so we've had the opposite arguments.
Glad you are getting a vacation - I'm jealous.

Dina

Samantha said...

Okay...I would like to know how you found a picture of Dr. Moga from his childhood days...so that I can be stalkerish as well and find one of our Dr. Mendeloff :)

I am glad that you are getting your vacation away...it will be so much fun! I am still looking to see if I can make it there, but I do not know yet...if not, I will make two trips...one to Vegas and one to MN!

Have a wonderful day. Thanks for the chat this morning...it helped make the day a bit brighter :)

Love ya!
Samantha

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

When are you coming back to Vegas??

We can go hang out over at the Rollers.... *giggling*

We can at least go out to eat a few times..

Ann(ie) said...

OH man. Your poor hubby! That sucks. :( Hope he feels bettah.

I love the comprimise on the hair, too and I think the place you take him makes all the difference in the world!!!

AND BIG YAY on the getaway to sin city!! woooooo! You have to give Terri a big hug for me. You guys are two of my faves!! xo.

jencooper said...

Me, me!! I want to go to Vegas!!

So happy that you were able to see your lovely Dr. Moga!

Great job on the compromise on the hair!

<3,
Jennifer

Tina:0) said...

Don't feel bad! I've had plenty of people tell me what a cute little boy I have - referring to both my girls. Guess the pink they were drowned in wasn't a big enough hint!

I don't think its stalker-ish that you googled your surgeon. I've done the same thing myself (but no pics found).

Hope you have a great time in Vegas! I'm jealous that I can't go with you all!

Give that little man big hugs from us!

Tina & Vaeh:0)

Anonymous said...

If it makes your husband feel any better let him know that my 2 yr old daughter was seeing one of the dr's in our pediatrician group and he kept saying "Him...He". And she was naked in front of him!!! Nevermind he was looking at her chart!!! DUH!

With my first daughter I never wanted to cut her hair, but our doctor informed us that with the bangs getting in her eyes constantly it could end up effecting their sight since it can really irritate the eyes! Who knew! So....cut the top/front, but leave the back curls!!!