Thursday, May 8, 2008

A couple of unrelated things

Someone found Elijah's website after typing this into Google: "do children poop in the pool because the pool water is too warm?" We're a versatile website.

Elijah has a suspicious rash under his arm that we're getting checked out quick today before we take him to my sister's. I'm hoping it has nothing to do with the rash on Dan's arm THAT IS CONTINUING TO GROW AND TAKE UP HIS ENTIRE LEFT FOREARM DESPITE THE MANY ANTIBIOTICS HE HAS TAKEN AND OINTMENTS HE HAS USED and that he acquired in the hospital three weeks ago. I think I'm going to name it soon. It feels like a part of our family.

In 24 hours, sand will be squishing in between my toes!

I mentioned Ellie on here a few days ago. She is my friend's niece who has been diagnosed with a brain tumor that does not typically have a good survival rate. Ellie's dad recently lost his job (and insurance) and they have a baby on the way and they are in serious need of financial help. Please look at this flyer and consider helping them out. Thank you!!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Isaac has a rash under his little armpit too...we just got a prescription for Bactroban (bacterial anticiotic cream)...it seems to be working. They just sweat too much (or that's Isaac's problem)...and I guess he doesn't wave his arms enough to air it out!
ooowww..and Dan still has the "rash"...did you buy him the rubber dish gloves yet??
Have fun in Florida!!!
Kathy

Colin's Blog said...

Colin sweats too-should I be on the lookout for a rash?? Hope everyone's rashes get better and that you have a great time on your trip! Elijah looks great-can't believe it's the same baby that was so sick a few weeks ago. Will keep Ellie in my prayers.

The Domanicos

Melissa said...

Just a thought, did they ever culture your hubby's rash to ensure it wasn't MRSA? It's not unusual to see that pop up in a hospital. It also can be passed to other people if it's touched.

(Linked to your blog through Kate)

Tina:0) said...

I'm jealous of the sand in the toes! Send some my way, will ya?!

Please send our love & prayers on to Ellie & family.

Can't believe the rash is hanging on for Dan! For Elijah now, too?! I know that Vaeh has had trouble with yeast infections due to so many antibiotics, & none of the creams seemed to help. So the last time she was in the hospital they put desenex powder on & it cleared her right up. Its typically used for athletes foot, but because it has the same stuff that one of the creams had it worked well for her. Just a thought...

Enjoy Florida & bring some of that weather & sunshine back with you!

Anonymous said...

I get the funkiest searches too...I'm thinking about keeping a log - LOL!

I can't believe that rash isn't listening to your threats...yet. It better wise up soon.

Oh, and before I forget - you've been tagged. I'm sorry. Kinda.

http://wonderbabe.blogspot.com/2008/05/before-motherhood.html

jencooper said...

Rash rash go away!!

Hope that you are having an amazing time in Florida!!

<3,
Jennifer

Ann(ie) said...

OH wow. Poor Ellie and her family!! :(
They are in my prayers.

I hope you guys are having the time of your lives.

xo and Happy Mother's Day, darlin!