Sunday, May 11, 2008

Awesome weekend

Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful mamas out there. My boys were wonderful to me today. I'm the luckiest mommy alive! I could not have a better baby boy and I'm so thankful for where we are all at right now. A year ago, Elijah had not even had his first surgery yet! So much has happened in one year. We have come a long way and like I said, I'm an incredibly lucky mama. I LOVE YOU, ELIJAH, and thank you for choosing me.

I was worried about Elijah missing us too much while we were gone this weekend but now I'm worried that he appears not to not have missed us at all! He seemed to do great, which is acually very reassuring. He loved spending time with his cousins and auntie. We drove down to Cannon Falls, where Lissa and her cute family live, late last night after our plane landed so we could spend the night and be there when Elijah woke up in the morning. He was so cute when I got him out of bed this morning. He looked slightly confused to see me, but then started giving me the flirty smile. I have been kissing his juicy neck all day long.



We had the absolute best time in Florda. Mike and Julie's wedding was like a fairy tale. The ceremony took place on the beach, a few feet away from the water. I loved that I could watch my good friends say their vows while listening to the crashing waves and while scooping my toes through the sand. Mike and Julie were so cute and their wedding was touching. I shed many tears.


Dan and Lisa had to drag me away from the water because this is what I was doing until the wee hours of the night...gazing out into the ocean..


Sand, ocean and MY lucky toes!

We were able to stay with our friend Lisa and her mom at their condo, not far from where the wedding took place in Ft. Myers. Lisa and Ruth were THE MOST WONDERFUL hosts we could have ever imagined. They took us to and from the airport, they made us food and drinks and let us get sunburned by their pool. They thoroughly entertained us in every way imaginable. We are so thankful for your hospitality, so THANK YOU, Lisa and Ruth! You made our trip so much more enjoyable than we thought possible.


Pretending to be half as tall as Lisa and Dan


The beautiful sunset, the evening of the MJ wedding

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Happy Mother's Day Megan!!!

I love the pictures from your trip...you look so happy and refreshed! I am so glad you were able to be there and enjoy yourself.

Have a wonderful night!!!

Love ya,
Samantha

Tina:0) said...

Happy Mother's Day, Megan! Glad that you all had a wonderful trip. The pictures are beautiful!! I could sit & stare at the last one, close my eyes & imagine being on the beach! Oh, & I love the blue toes, too! Give Elijah a big hug from Ohio!

Luv,
Tina:0)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a great time in FL and such wonderful Mother's Day! The pictures are beautiful! I'm so jealous...I want to see palm trees!! (well, people plant them here in TX, but it's just not the same without that beautiful ocean near them!!)

Love,

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Meg, We totally enjoyed having your company in Florida and had a very memorable time!! You are invited back anytime....Elijah, too!
So glad to hear you made it home safely to enjoy YOUR day with your men!
I weighed in my vote about Eli's lucious locks. I say you should close the polls momentarily, as it is currenly unanimous. Ha!!!

Love you all!
Lisa.

mina said...

Belated happy mother's day. Looks like you had a great time in Florida. Love the pics!

Ann(ie) said...

YOU are adorable. SO glad you got some sand between your toes, girlie. xo.