Monday, May 26, 2008

Boot camp


Laying in our camper at the dropzone, again showing how big he is. Look, he still hasn't let go of his favorite car!

I always love leaving work when there's a long weekend ahead. On Friday morning I hurried to get some projects done at work because I had an appointment to go to in the afternoon and afterwards I went home to love on my baby boy. Friday night we relaxed at our house with some good friends of ours. Saturday we went to the dropzone (my first time there this year!). It was a bit too windy for my comfort, but Dan was able to make a few jumps. Maybe next weekend for me! Elijah did great at the dropzone. He loved all the stimulation and he slept very well in our cozy little camper. Sunday morning we came home and got caught up on some sleep. Then Dan went up north with his dad for the rest of the evening and for today as well. My friend Jess came over last night and we grilled up a yummy dinner and watched a movie. Today Elijah and I met our friends Ronda and Andrew for some more horse racing!


One of his cute new faces


He has been making these kissy lips for a few days now. It is so funny! He holds it like that for a few seconds at a time.



Elijah started boot camp today. I woke up and decided that since tomorrow marks 6 weeks post-surgery, we are LEARNING HOW TO MOVE AROUND. I spent the morning watching him REFUSE to roll to get a toy. He knows how to roll over! He is just being that stubborn! If I try to assist him, he fights it. If I don't try to assist him, he will either cry or play with his feet. This is going to be a huge challenge for us. But, sorry Elijah, Mommy is going to win so you may as well back down.

Here's a video of him, toys surrounding him but out of reach, contentedly playing with his socks. UG!!!

10 comments:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the update...I needed an Elijah fix!!! He's still handsome as EVER!
That video is too cute...that's what Isaac does...now, I don't feel so bad. But...don't we have our work cut out for us!!! STINKERS!
Glad you had a fun weekend!

Unknown said...

I just love his kissy face. Makes me want to drive over there and give him some smooches! Stick it out Megan and he will get it soon.

Love,

Vanessa

jencooper said...

I love LOVE LOVE the kissy face!! Oh my - he is such a munchie!!!

I might have to visit with you sometime - I have always wanted to skydive. I am a bit of a thrill seeker.

Hang in there Mommy. Show that boy who is boss. I know that he can do it! Come on Elijah - moving is fun!

<3,
Jen

Ann(ie) said...

What an adorable kissy face!!! Smooches right back atcha love. xo.

Anonymous said...

Megan,
I just got home from being in NJ since last week and what was the first piece of mail I got when I got home? My team Elijah t-shirt!! Thank you so much...what a nice thing to come home too. I am going to wear it with pride!

I could totally just kiss that boy's little face! I remember once Scott asked me "do you ever just sit around during the day and kiss him??" Ummm..do I ever not?? I'm sure that's why Elijah has his new face...he's just puckering up for you!!

What a little stinker for not even attempting to get his toys! He sooo knows he's testing you!

Glad you've been having a good weekend!

Love ya!

Cindy

Samantha said...

I love, love, love the new pictures! He is just adorable as ever! I am glad that you got to have a fun, relaxing weekend! You deserve it...poor little Elijah starting boot camp...he will cave in and be on the move soon...then you will be kicking yourself for making him ;)

I am going to watch the video a bit later...I have to go get ready to bring the mouse to the dentist!

Love ya!
Samantha

Hollie said...

He is SO adorable. I don't blame you for not wanting to cut his hair! I have a 4 month old daughter with Tetrology of Fallot and Pulmonary Atresia. It's nice to find other families that have the same challenges and are doing well.
Take care,
Hollie

Tina:0) said...

What a nubbie little man! Gotta luv those kissy faces! The video was great. It reminded me of Vaeh lying on the floor - she does the same thing with her socks as Elijah!

I, too, have been a stinker about making Vaeh lay on the floor & not give her what she wants. She has figured out how to scootch around on her back in a circle! What these kiddos do to find a way around things!

Hope the rest of your week is great! Give that little man big hugs from us!

Tina & Vaeh:0)

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Love the new faces....
I was thinking about the rolling over thing... does he have favorite food??? I mean if it was me they would only have so sit a scotch out of my reach and i would roll over.. haha.. I was thinking fav food maybe for Eli... or somthing he knows is strickly no go... anything to get that lil man mobile again....
He will get there... and I know you will work on him to get it done too...
Take care... ( I have been a very slack blogger I know... comp trouble and life issues can rooly suck..)

Ehlan said...

He's so adorable! Maybe he needs to want to chase Ms. Olivia around...that should be motivation enough, right? Thanks so much for the t shirt by the way!! I love it!