Thursday, October 9, 2008

Cuteness and scares


Look at my big boy PJs!


Here's my belly button and my cheesy smile


Still got my belly button


Even when I'm on all fours, or threes

Every night since Elijah has had his very scary episode, I have been on my toes. I go into his room constantly to check on his breathing. Every time he cries, I hold the baby monitor up to my ear and listen as closely as possible. He has slept well all week, but tonight I had another scare. I heard him cry so I listened to the monitor and heard him struggling to breathe a bit. I though, OH GREAT, here we go again. Dan and I ran to his room and scrunched down by his bed to get a closer listen. Once he stopped crying, he sounded fine. So, now I'm wondering, is he fine or isn't he? What do I do? Stay up all night listening to him? The thought of experiencing another night like Sunday night is awful, so all I have been doing is crying.

I called Elijah's pediatrician today and asked the nurse what she thought of this whole situation. She seemed a bit worried and thought we should either take him into the clinic to get his lungs checked out, or maybe even bring him in to see his pulmonologist. She's going to call me back in the morning.

I am praying very hard for an eventless night. I am considering camping out in Elijah's room and sleeping on the floor.

A few fun things... We had Elijah's speech/physical therapy tonight and he did really well. He worked really hard. His PT (who is awesome) got him to use his core muscles and legs a lot, and that is a huge feat. His speech therapist was working on doing the sign for MORE. He has done it once or twice in front of Dan and me, but nothing more than that. She kept blowing bubbles and then asked him to let her know that he wanted more of them. At first he just grunted and pointed, but then he started taking HER hands and pushing them together into the more sign. So, he wouldn't sign it himself, but he would force her to sign it. He had us all rolling on the floor laughing.

This morning before I left for work, I sat down with him as I always do to play for a few minutes. He scooted over to me and grabbed my hand. I had no idea what he was going to do with it. He placed it on his cheek and held it there and then laid his head down on my leg, with my hand still cupped between his hand and cheek. It was the sweetest thing.

Elijah started a new daycare today and it seemed to go very well. I was a nervous wreck all day because this is such a huge change for all of us. It was all fine, though, and I think this is going to end up being a really positive thing for him.

I'm going to go try to sleep. I'm not sure how restful it will be, with me worrying about my sweet boy, but at least tomorrow is Friday, right?

10 comments:

Tina:0) said...

I've always been on alert with Vaeh, even when she's her healthiest. Just the joys of being a heart Momma!

Praying that all checks out & that little man is still perfect as ever! Give him big smooches for me! Hope you all have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am praying that your night is uneventful and you all sleep peacefully. Can't wait to hear what the doc says in the morning about all this.

Way to go with all the great therapy! And I can honestly say I have never seen someone so in love with their belly button before! Makes me laugh every time!

Sending lots of love,

Cindy

Mami Adame said...

Hope you are all able to sleep through the night. I think I would camp out in the room too. You wouldn't think from the pics that anything is wrong!
I'll be praying for a peaceful night!

Samantha said...

Oh Megan, I am so sorry you are struggling with all this. I think we all are crazy moms who will ALWAYS worry about our babies...it is just that much worse when they have a "real" health issue to worry about. I say that because I worry nonstop about Noah and Leah too, but they are "healthy" but with Micah I am like a crazy woman worrying...my goodness, how I DON'T have an ulcer I have no clue :) I guess that is the main reason I am super crazy mom and have Micah there in my room with me...between his feeding tube wrapping around his neck and his breathing and heart, I can only find peace with him sleeping near me...but I know that I am a MINORITY in that...I actually sleep better that way, where many do not.

Anyway, sorry I went on forever...I feel bad that I have not been around as much...all these places I have to be and be doing is not something I am use to...I liked it when my full time job was to take care of the kids all day and keep up with all my heart babies!!!

BTW...I forgot to tell you in the last post how much I LOVE the picture of you and Elijah...it is so gorgeous!!!!

Love ya!
Samantha

Tina:0) said...

I just can't get enough of him & that belly button!

BTW - tag... you're it!

Anonymous said...

I hope you got some sleep and that your night was a good one. Thinking and praying for you guys. luv, Kendis

Ann(ie) said...

OH sweetheart....that has got to be SOOOOO scary!! I hope all of you got some beautiful sleep and that your lil man is doing great. I know what you mean about the morning tender moments....Ben has been into blowing kisses lately and yesterday when I dropped him off at daycare he said I meeesh you mooomey. But, then he ran off to eat so he seemed okay with it all. Are they not the most precious little beings???? We are such lucky lucky girls. xo. Happy Weekend my friend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan!

Oh my gosh, I haven't read your blog since last week, and I had no idea what had happened!! Good grief! I had no idea what you had been through another scare just Sunday. Good grief, you will certainly be in my prayers!!
And I am so glad that he had his first crawl! Hooray!!!
Ok, so I certainly don't want you to stress about this wedding and traveling with a sick baby. I want what's best for him and I DON'T want you to stress or worry. We love you guys and would love to have you there, but we don't want it to be stressful in anyway. So don't feel like you HAVE to come!! I will call you soon, and you're in my prayers!!
Love,
Ann Marie

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better...so much has happened in such little time. Life with these heart kids really is like riding a roller coaster. I'll pray that it's nothing. But, I must say that no matter the situation, you always remain so positive that I"m truly inspired by this. Here's to a less eventful weekend.

Unknown said...

I know just how you feel. It's so scary with our kiddos. I wish I could take this away from you but I can only tell you it's something all of us heart mommas deal with. Elijah is so blessed to have you as his momma.

I hope you got some rest.