Thursday, October 2, 2008

My new tractor!

I have four more hours of work this week and then I am FREE! My boys and I are going to head down to Iowa tomorrow afternoon to visit my wonderful college friends and I cannot wait. I get the best of both worlds. I get my BOYS, and I get my GIRLS, too.


Check out my new tractor! I'm such a lucky boy.

Elijah has been a pretty ornery boy this week. Every day I wonder if there is something "wrong," but I'm realizing that he is just in THAT stage. He fusses a lot when he doesn't get his way, but I believe this is all normal stuff. It is sometimes frustrating, but it is a part of his development.

Our good friend Cara brought him a toy tractor/trailer that he has fallen in love with. He has cried the last two nights we have taken him to bed because he hasn't wanted to part with it. Dan said that at breakfast this morning, while eating his oatmeal, he spotted the beloved tractor in the living room. He started pointing at it and grunting and wanting it badly. Dan had to drape his shirt over the tractor so he would focus on his food, but Elijah kept pointing in the tractor's direction, whining and upset. He loves this thing. We will most definitely be bringing it with us this weekend. Thank you so much, Cara and Gary, this is a HUGE hit with our boy.


Here you can imagine him doing his BBBBBbbbbrrrrrrmm brrrrrrrrmmmmmmm sound that he does whenever he sees a car, truck, tractor, airplane, train or anything with wheels.

Have a good weekend, everyone. We wish you all happiness and peace and goodness. Thank you so much for checking in on our precious boy.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend, Enjoy your visit with your friends. Karen

Tina:0) said...

What a cool tractor! AND its the right colors (can't have any of those red ones!) Looks like he's turning into a 'normal' boy by the sound of it - isn't it fun?! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your friends & your boys with you!

Ellen, Eric and Leo said...

I have to concur, the days of a static, quiet boy are likely over and he will have energy now to get into things and tell you to go to hell when he doesn't get his way. He's becoming a toddler basically, and it's full of challanges but a lot of fun, too. Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

So, the little man is getting a little feisty, huh! It's so normal....just wait, it will get even worse! :) We're into the "terrible 2's" big time over here!

Love the last picture with the tractor. You can see him making his noise while he's playing! How funny that Dan has to try to hide it so Eli will eat! Can't fool him, though!

Enjoy your weekend with your boys AND girls!

Sending lots of love,

Cindy

Kathy said...

I LOVE seeing cute pics of Elijah..he just always puts a smile on my face!

Have a great weekend!!!
Love on your boys...and enjoy your girls!
Lucky you!!!

Love,
kathy

mina said...

Love the tractor. Bilal would be soooooo jealous! Have a fun weekend!

Krista said...

I'm sure you're having a blast with the girls...and what a blessing to have the boys along too! I've been such the comment slacker...but know I am checking in daily on that little cutey! I love his obsession w/ trucks...let's just hope it doesn't turn into trashtrucks!!

Anonymous said...

O how pecious, you are truly blessed my son was born with esophageal atresia and down syndrome last december. I hope all is going well for you and god bless you.

Samantha said...

Do you see what happens when I am chatting with you on gmail? I FORGET to sign your blog even though I read it!!!

Well, I love the pictures...he is such a boy! Loving the tractors, cars etc. What a sweet boy.

I hope you had a great Friday afternoon and weekend with your boys...you sure deserve it!

Much love,
Samantha

Ann(ie) said...

YOU get the best pictures of that bugaboo!!!! And yup...it's the age...Ben, too reached a point where he likes it his way and only his way and never anyone else's way!!! =/ Hope you had a blast this weekend !!!! xo.