Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Totally annoyed

We got to the clinic in Minneapolis this morning and when we checked in, the lady at the front desk said, "Uhhhh, Elijah's appointment is tomorrow, the 16th." Dr. G's nurse told me on the phone, yesterday, to come in "tomorrow." I think that would be today, right? Arrgghhh!!! She said she would go back and see if "the doctor" could fit us in. We waited a while and she came back to tell us that another doctor, who we had never heard of, would take a few minutes to review Elijah's chart and then would be right with us. A few minutes to review Elijah's chart? Ha! Dan and I gave the I-don't-think-so look to each other and told her we would come back in the morning to see Dr. Gremmels.

So...thank you for the prayers. Could you maybe extend them one more day? Thanks! I'll post again tomorrow with actual news.

p.s. Elijah's eyes were NOT puffy this morning and his lips looked a lovely shade of light pink. Praying it stays this way and tomorrow's appointment confirms that nothing is wrong with our little man's heart.

7 comments:

Krista said...

oh...how frustrating. I'm so sorry you took off such precious work time and this...ughghg!

Glad to hear he is doing so well...but isn't it true...we want the docs who know our kids!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

that just stinks!!

my panties would be in a huge bundle if that happened to me...

okay.. we'll keep you all in our prayers...

and i really just feel for you...

grrrrrr

mina said...

Ugh! I can imagie how frustrating that must be! I'm praying that you'll get a good report tomorrow, I don't blame you for not wanting to see a TOTAL STRANGER!

Kathy said...

oh....sending more prayers for sure!
Sweet little man.
At least the eyes weren't as puffy...and wonderful pink lips!

Thanks for the update!
kathy

Tina:0) said...

So glad that the eyes weren't puffy & he's back to pink (not in a girly way, though:0))

I know exactly what you mean about seeing 'another doc.' I always tell them even at the pedi's office that I want Vaeh to see HER doc only! Makes life soooo much easier!

We'll certainly extend the prayers! Give that little man some hugs from us!

Unknown said...

That is so frustrating!!!

I did the same thing at our last appointment. Sorry but I like "OUR" cardiologist to look at my daughter. Not someone who needs to review our chart to know what is going on.

I'll be praying all goes well tomorrow. Arianna woke up without any puffiness today too. Hope they both stay like this!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! One more day is a small price to pay to see the man who knows and cares about your baby than just having a random doc see him! Sucks to have to wait, but you'll feel so much more comfortable with your appt and that's so important. I'll check back in a bit to see if you've updated yet! Praying for a good appt!

Sending lots of love!

Cindy