Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Healing

We had a really good, healing weekend, thank goodness. I am still coughing and congested, but every day I'm feeling a little better. Elijah's cough is practically gone. He is not wheezing anymore and has just a little bit of a runny nose.

We were able to make it to our good friends' house on Saturday evening. We put Elijah to bed in their cozy guest bedroom while we played games and pigged out on taco dip. Elijah decided to get up at 4:50 the next morning, so Dan and I are still exhausted from that. The getting up really really early seems to be a theme lately. Ugh.

Since we are going to be out of town for a wedding this coming weekend, we don't really have any Halloween festivities to bring Elijah to. I just couldn't stand the thought of no costume at all this year, so I bought him a lion costume, just to take a few pictures in. I put it on him on Saturday and he didn't like it so much. He made a sad, pouty face for about a minute and then started to cry. Maybe next year we'll actually be able to enjoy Halloween!

On Sunday we enjoyed some time at Elijah's little buddy Leo's house, celebrating his 2nd birthday. It was fun to watch the kids run around and play....as Elijah laid contentedly on the floor and played with trucks. By himself. He just really doesn't care to interact much with other kids yet. After about an hour, he was just DONE with being there. He threw a bit of a fit, so I packed up our things and left. The second we walked out the door, the tears stopped and he started saying, "BYE!" and giggling. Little stinker!

Tonight Dan and I have a Tuesday night date night! I can't believe it! We haven't gotten out of the house alone together in a really long time, so I'm super excited.

I have lots of pics to share, but I haven't had time to get them off my camera. I will do it soon, I promise!

13 comments:

Samantha said...

E will be much more into the Halloween thing next year...he is still young :) I have pictures of Noah on his first Halloween CRYING hysterically...so cute! I can't wait to see some pictures of Lion Elijah...I can only imagine how cute that is :)

I am glad that you all are healing up...you need some good rest. And I am so happy you have a date night tonight. You need that too! I know that I need one as well...I just have to find a time when my dear husband is in TOWN!!!

Have a great day Megan!!!

Much love,
Samantha

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Glad you're feeling better...

and taco dip sounds yummy..
and


date night? what is that??

I never get those anymore...
*pouts*
Mike works nights... and then when he's off .. he's in Beaver ...

I NEED to get out by myself sometime.. I am going bananas...
this kid has been so grumpy...
then it makes my birds grumpy and then they scream ... Oh my...

I need a Calgon Moment!!!!

Anonymous said...

We're on our second round of the sickies too. I hope you both are fully recovered real soon! I can't wait to see Eli the Lion!

With love...

Ehlan said...

We both have early risers! It drives me a bit insane! What do you guys try to do??

Tina:0) said...

Glad you are feeling better! Maybe there is some crazy internet bug that we're all getting (lol)!

Hope you have fun on your "date night" tonight... Jon & I are getting out this weekend for our anniversary (6 years!).

Unknown said...

I am glad everyone is doing better. We all got the Flu shot 3 weeks ago because of Logan. I would love to see some pics of Elijah in is costume. He will enjoy trick or treating more next year. Enjoy your date night you deserve it. Lots of hugs Karen

jencooper said...

I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better. You can just tell in the tone of your post. Yea!!

Grace thinks she is so funny looking in her costume. She looks in the mirror and cracks up. I hope that you are able to get a couple of cute pictures.

Enjoy your date night!!

<3,
jennifer

mina said...

Good to know you're feeling better, enjoy your evening. Maybe you should send a little note to my husband explaining what 'date night' is. We have been out only once since Bilal was born (and you know he's 2.3!) Hoping the rest of your week is great.

Anonymous said...

Aaaaw, I just looked through all your photos and it makes me miss the little pickle!! I wish I could give him a nibble!! Tell him (his favorite) Auntie loves him!!

Ehlan said...

Olivia used to be a 7 to 7 sleeper, then 7 to 6:30, 7 to 6...and she stayed there for a long time! I dealt fine with 6 am!! (Not that I didn't want to sleep in sometimes!!) We decided to try pushing back bedtime (although she was the same as Elijah, earlier to bed, sleep later) as she began sleeping less, rising earlier--now she's usually in bed by 7:30, 7:45 at latest (unless we aren't home of course) and the last few weeks there have been several mornings where she is up at 5:30 or so. This week has been 5:30, 5:30, 5:15...NOT OKAY! We've tried different bedtimes, snacks before bed, fan on/fan off, nightlight/no nightlight, going in to retrieve the nuk, ignoring,warmer pj's, cooler pj's, coming to bed with us (sometimes she'll go back to sleep...sometimes!)... None of it really seems to matter!

Ehlan said...

Olivia used to be a 7 to 7 sleeper, then 7 to 6:30, 7 to 6...and she stayed there for a long time! I dealt fine with 6 am!! (Not that I didn't want to sleep in sometimes!!) We decided to try pushing back bedtime (although she was the same as Elijah, earlier to bed, sleep later) as she began sleeping less, rising earlier--now she's usually in bed by 7:30, 7:45 at latest (unless we aren't home of course) and the last few weeks there have been several mornings where she is up at 5:30 or so. This week has been 5:30, 5:30, 5:15...NOT OKAY! We've tried different bedtimes, snacks before bed, fan on/fan off, nightlight/no nightlight, going in to retrieve the nuk, ignoring,warmer pj's, cooler pj's, coming to bed with us (sometimes she'll go back to sleep...sometimes!)... None of it really seems to matter!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the pictures.

I can't remember the last time me and Robert went out alone. I hope you guys had a good night.

Take care,
Vanessa

Mami Adame said...

Hope you all feel 100% good soon! Have fun on your date!