Monday, October 6, 2008

Lots of pics to share


Sitting in the back of Drew's truck. He was so content back there. Oh, and check out the most beautiful face in the world.

I promised some fun things after this morning's depressing post. We actually do have some amusing stories from our hospital experience last night. At 9:00 last night, when we first noticed that Elijah was having a hard time breathing, I was a mess, and much more than just emotionally. I hadn't showered in almost two days. My hair was greasy and my eyes were bloodshot from getting very little sleep all weekend and from being in a car for so long. When the paramedic told me we needed to get Elijah to the hospital quickly, I ran upstairs and pulled on the first pair of jeans I saw. I didn't realize until I was sitting in the ambulance that the pair of jeans I had chosen had a HUGE hole in the butt. I can't imagine what they must have thought of me. I hope they weren't judgmental people.


Eating a banana, watching cartoons, and calling his friends from the hotel on Saturday morning.


Kings Pointe has an awesome indoor waterpark. I thought maybe Elijah would enjoy it, but he did not. At all. I took him in the water but it was just a bit too cold for him. The entire time, he either screamed, or pointed toward Daddy, who was on dry land.


Someday these water toys will be enticing. This time they were not.


Dry me off!

Dan and I noticed that while the nurses and doctors were poking at our poor little man in the hospital last night, that he found an object that gave him comfort. He has never been one to cling to an object before. He doesn't really have a blankie (outside of his crib) and he has never liked pacifiers. He does, however, have...HIS BELLY BUTTON. When someone would start disturbing him, he would search crazily for his belly button. Once he found it with his finger, everything was suddenly ok. We noticed that he has been doing the same thing all day today, too. It must pacify him. His belly button is his comfort object.


See? He's got his belly button!


Storm Lake is in the background. We took a walk along the lake on Saturday morning and went to the park.





We had such a fun time in Iowa last weekend. We go back every year for Buena Vista's homecoming. This year, four of the six of my roommates made it back. We had tons of fun. I love those girls so much and it is always so sad when we leave.

Elijah has been a total monster today. I would like to attribute it to the steroids he was given in the hospital last night, but who knows. He has been cranky and throwing things and overall unpleasant to be around all day long. We are hoping this wears off soon. We are missing our sweet boy.






I love that big chubby neck.



10 comments:

jencooper said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I love me some gangsta E! He is so adorable. You got some amazing pics of that cutie pie!!

I am sorry to hear about your trip to the ER. We will be praying for all of you.

I am so happy that you had a nice weekend!!

<3,
jen

Unknown said...

I am glad that your weekend went a little more smoother. The pictures of him are just the cutest ever!
Try and get some rest you need it. Lots of hugs Karen

mina said...

I love the new pics, he's sooooo expressive! Aren't you glad Elijah will never lose his comfort object?

Tina:0) said...

Okay, see what happens when I get a day behind?!

Despite the ER trip, he looks great! I just love little one's in hooded sweatshirts! Too cute!!

I'm sure once he gets caught up on sleep & those meds out of his system he'll be back to normal!

Give those cheeks some smooches from me!

Anonymous said...

Wow...I was expecting to check in on you guys and hear all about your fun weekend...didn't expect all the stuff in the post before it! I'm sorry you had a tough night and had to hang out in the ER. I'm praying that the "nastiness" from the steroids will wear off soon so Eli will be back to his sweet self!

Love the pictures! Too bad he didn't like the water park....it looks like fun!

Hope you & Dan have caught up on some sleep!!

Sending lots of love,

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Elijah is definitely getting more and more handsome by the day. I love that picture of him in the hotel room eating the banana--so angelic looking.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

I do hope lil eli is back to his ol self real soon.. I am sorry to hear he has been unwell again...
I am so loving the facial expressions today.. adorable..

Ehlan said...

Oh he's way too cute! Looks like you guys have been having a good time in the midst of some not so good! He's so sweet!

Ann(ie) said...

Those pictures. OMG. Those pictures are just beautiful. I love the second to the last one....I love your little man!!!

Unknown said...

Your jean story is hilarious. I just love the picture of him touching his belly button. Amazing the things that soothe our babies.

I love all the pictures. I laughed so hard when you said he was unpleasant to be around, cause Arianna can be the same way. We are in the testing mommy's nerves stage. Then we will have a day where she is a total angel. Gotta love em'!