Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Praying for a good report

Somehow we got fit into the schedule tomorrow, so we will be heading to Dr. Gremmels' office in the morning. I'm so thankful for this! I have been such a huge worrier lately and tonight I was dreaming up red (un-pink) lips, so we will see if I'm crazy or if that is for real. I have other worries to express as well, so I'm praying hard that everything checks out ok.

There's one really cute thing from tonight I have to share. Every night before I put Elijah to bed, I pray with him in his rocking chair. Even if he is fussy, I will allow him to fuss and squirm in my lap as I say a prayer. He has fussed and squirmed for most of the past eight or so nights, so tonight I was surprised when he laid his head on my chest when I started to pray. I usually pray for the same things, so I'm sure he recognizes what I'm saying as a prayer. Tonight, half way through, he pushed himself up, laid down sideways on my chest and folded his hands together. He looked up at me proudly with his hands folded. My heart melted onto the floor. Even though he has been a beast lately, he has such a sweet soul. He will always be my sweet little boy.

Please say a prayer for Elijah's card appointment in the morning. We believe that we will receive ONLY GOOD NEWS.

9 comments:

The Willaerts said...

I'm already thanking God for the capable hands Elijah will encounter tomorrow, for the good news and the peace of mind that will follow. Phillipians 4:6-7 is my verse right now and I think it'd be a good one for you guys. Lots of love, Cara

jencooper said...

How adorable!! We say the same prayer every night and I was so happy when Bennett started saying it along with us.

Hang in there, Mama. It seems like we are all being hit with the worries at the same time.

I will be checking tomorrow so please update early!!

<3,
jennifer

mina said...

We have the exact same routine too, the same prayer in the rocking chair before bedtime every night. It's so sweet that Elijah rested his hed, what a warm and fuzzy feeling that must be! I notice that keeping the same routine tends to relax Bilal no matter how squirmy he is too.

I'll be saying a prayer for all to be good tomorrow. I'd love to hear an encouraging update; will be tuning in soon!

my life: said...

praying....

Tina:0) said...

Okay, I must have missed this last night:0( - but will be thinking about you guys all morning knowing that all you will hear is GOOD news!

I just love that little story about Elijah & praying. Vaeh doesn't do it as much at bed time (I'm slacking too much...) but before every meal with pray & she folds her hands, then says "men!" when we're done! I just love it!

Can't wait to hear how the appointment goes...

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Hi there...

you got our prayers my friend...

I'll be back to see how it all went...

hugs and kisses to that sweet boy..

xoxox

The Kings

Andrea said...

Hi Megan,
I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you guys this morning. I'm so glad you were able to get an appointment so that you can have peace of mind! Let us know how it goes!

William Huttner said...

Hello Portas

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.

Since Ann Maries Bridal Shower a couple weeks ago; Every time I talk to someone who was there they comment on how cute and well behaved Elijah was along with how kind and sweet his mother is. I know that sounds like something nice to say at a tough time but I promise you I am not kidding! I can understand the comments about Elijah but kind and sweet? Come On.

In all sincerety you're on my mind and in my heart. Hope to see you all soon.

Paul

Mami Adame said...

I'll thinking and praying for Elijah. The bedtime prayer routine is so sweet!