Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Help raise funds for The Children's Heart Foundation while doing your Christmas shopping!

My adorable friend Deb with the cutest British accent in the world is helping me host a Discovery Toys party this Sunday, November 16th. If you have some gifts yet to buy for Christmas, check out this website and see if anything strikes you. If you live in the Cities, please stop by our house at 3:00 pm on Sunday! These are really good toys, and a lot of them are geared toward kids with developmental delays so they have done really good things for Elijah. We will be donating ALL commission to the Children's Heart Foundation, which makes this really exciting for me!

If you want to place an order, do not place it on the website. Instead, call Deb at 651-303-1953 or 715-294-3055 or email: debsdiscoverytoys@gmail.com. Say you are placing an order towards "Megan’s Fundraiser" and your sales will be put towards Sunday's party.

What Makes A Good Toy?
The greatest benefits of a toy are the joy and self-esteem that children experience when they play with it. One carefully selected toy can do so much for a child; the right toy can literally help them discover a love of learning! A well-chosen toy has certain aspects that make it valuable to a child’s growth:
• The toy can be used in several different ways.
• Children can power the toy with their own ideas and imagination.
• The toy can grow with the child through more than one developmental stage.
• The toy has lots of developmental play value.
• The toy encourages open-ended play. (There is no one “right” answer or way to use the toy...it allows lots of room for a child’s own creative thinking to come into play.)
• The toy engages children’s interest beyond a few minutes – they will continue playing with it.
• The toy is fun, safe, durable, and attractive.

Humans are blessed with natural curiosity and the desire to explore the world around them. Nurturing, loving environments, communication, having lots of room to run, and the availability of good toys are essential for that natural process of discovery to thrive– and this results in healthy, happy children!

WHY DISCOVERY TOYS?

WE BELIEVE THAT EVERY LEARNING MOMENT IS A CAUSE FOR CELEBRATION. DISCOVERY TOYS OFFERS THE HIGHEST QUALITY DEVELOPMENTAL PRODUCTS TO ENGAGE THE WHOLE CHILD - MIND, BODY AND SPIRIT - AND TO BUILD A FOUNDATION FOR A FUTURE LEARNING SUCCESS.

7 comments:

Krista said...

Sounds like fun...and such a great cause too! Elijah has been looking so cute in your pics lately (I know, it's been forever since I commented...but I'm reading) I can't believe how much he loves his trucks...so cute!

So has the snow hit up there yet...we've seen a few crystals...ughgh!

Kathy said...

Oh..I LOVE Discovery toys...

I'm making my list and will email soon!!!

Ok...now, where are Elijah pics!
Hope you're doing good, progressing well on your project, and Dan is helping out with those migranes!

love to you guys,
kathy

Anonymous said...

Hey! I want to see if I can find a toy to buy, but the link isn't working. Not sure if there are specific ones to look at or if I can just look at the Discovery Toys general website? Let me know!!

Kiss that boy's chubby cheeks for me!!

Love ya!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey! I want to see if I can find a toy to buy, but the link isn't working. Not sure if there are specific ones to look at or if I can just look at the Discovery Toys general website? Let me know!!

Kiss that boy's chubby cheeks for me!!

Love ya!

Cindy

Unknown said...

I don't know why the link is not working. It should be:
www.discoverytoyslink.com/debschnieder

if it still doesn't work you can look on www.discoverytoyslink.com then let megan know what you are interested in or you can contact me on debsdiscoverytoys@gmail.com

thanks everyone!

Debs

Unknown said...

Sounds great I will check it out and give Deb a call this weekend I love buying things when the money goes for Charity. Good luck and have fun. Karen

Unknown said...

Sounds great I will check it out and give Deb a call this weekend I love buying things when the money goes for Charity. Good luck and have fun. Karen