Sunday, November 16, 2008

Motivated


This picture describes Elijah in a nutshell. He is lounging on his favorite pillow (thanks again, Samantha!) while watching tv, holding on tight to his belly button and crossing his legs. He loves to be comfy.

If you want to help out with our fundraiser, please scroll down a couple of posts and check out the Discovery Toys links. Our party today was great, but we could still use a lot more help so we can give some money to the Children's Heart Foundation. I am always so passionate about giving to this important organization.

I had an amazing weekend with my two boys. It was positive in a lot of ways. I had both of my boys completely to myself ALL WEEKEND, and plus, Elijah started full-fledged crawling! He has been crawling aroung the living room all day today. WOOHHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! You have no idea how excited I am about this. I am so proud. I get tears in my eyes thinking about it. His progress in the past week has been huge.

He has been so motivated to do things lately and I was motivated to accomplish things this weekend as well. I actually cleaned most of our house and did laundry. It feels so good to have a few things under control and to not just be doing the bare minimum, as I usually do.


I love how cute and bundled up he looks when we get him ready to go outside. Please don't mind the toys all over the place. That's a walker in the background (that he refuses to use) that ECFE loaned to us.

Usually when Elijah is getting sick he starts to sneeze a lot and his nose runs a little bit. Well, both of those things started to happen today. The last two times these things have happened he has gotten some pretty ugly croup. The first time, we headed to the hospital, and the second time, we took an ambulance ride to the hospital. We are praying very hard for no ambulance ride or hospital visit or croup episode tonight. While it is in the back of my mind, I just keep trusting that this isn't going to happen again.

Last week was a wonderful week and we are hoping for the same this week. We need to keep Elijah healthy leading up to his upcoming heart cath (next Wed). Please say some prayers. Thank you for checking in and keeping our sweet boy in your prayers.

13 comments:

Tina:0) said...

He is too cute bundled up like that! I love the comfy pose, too!

Praying that he stays healthy & that the cath goes off without a hitch!

Sending lots of luv & hugs too!

Unknown said...

I am so glad he is doing great on his milestones oh how happy you must be, Even though Logan does not do much I know what you mean every little thing logan does always brings tears to my eyes also. Keep up the good work little buddy. He looks so cute bundled up. I pray he stays healthy and everything turns out ok for his cath. We are praying for you. Love Karen

Sarah said...

Wow Megan. He is just going to be running circles around you all soon. What a week! Elijah - I know your Mommy and Daddy are proud - we are too! Your such a strong little boy - just growing and learning by leaps and bounds. Evan says his heart is super charged now... Elijah yours must be too!

mina said...

Megan, you HAVE to share a video of Elijah crawling! Good to hear much progress was made this weekend, I wish I could say the same about myself!

Samantha said...

YAY, YAY, YAY!!!! He is growing up SO fast!!!! What a cutie pie! And the pillow...I am SO happy that he loves it! It makes me smile to see him so comfy!!! I am so proud of this precious boy!

Love ya!
Samantha

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

LOL

he is soo cute.

Love that little bum.

Tracy said...

Good for Elijah on crawling! Yay!! Love his comfy position on the floor, with the bum in the air - very cute :).

Jane said...

I'm so glad to see Elijah making this great progress. It's amazing how it seems to come in spurts. The physical, social and emotional all seem to support each other and then they just get on a roll!

I'll be praying for no scary croup.

Anonymous said...

Go Elijah! Awesome news. . .

xoxo,
Cara

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Elijah! We are so WAAAAYYY proud of you! Keep on motoring!
Grammie and Gramps

Mami Adame said...

Love the booty up in the air pose! Too cute! Hoping for hospital free nights!

Kathy said...

OH...I love his little (big) bum in the air! He's so darn cute! And all bundled up...he's ready to play in some snow!

OK...I need to send my Eli your way. He wants to jump out of an airplane with you AND wants to live where it's cold. Maybe we should trade Eli's for a while??

Thanks for telling us about all the wonderful things that he's up to (I just knew that he'd be crawling by Christmas!)

YEAH for Elijah!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow...I'm so proud of that boy! Look at all the new things he's doing! And crawling all over...how awesome!

He looks too cute all bundled in his coat! It's probaby cold up there now!

I'm glad you had such a nice weekend with your boys and I will pray extra hard that Mr. Elijah just has a little cold and nothing more! No big sickness allowed! give him a big squeeze from us!

Love ya!

Cindy