Friday, November 7, 2008

Strange week


This is how much he loves his pillow from Samantha. He snuggles with it every chance he gets.


New mittens Mama got at the dollar section of Target.


New $1 hat, too. Oh and here is my favorite pal, Larry.

This week went fast and has been unique in many ways.

My stepmom was here for the first part of the week and it was sooo nice to have her around. I miss my family so much. It is so nice to watch my parents love Elijah in such a special way. Paula, thank you for visiting, and thank you for loving our munchkin (and us) so wholeheartedly. We love you.

I have had the most intense week at work than I've had in a very long time. I have a project due on December 12th, and I am working very hard to meet that goal. This week I stared harder at my monitor than I have in years. I believe that is the reason that I have woken up with a migraine every single day this week. Luckily, Advil seems to help, so there was only one morning that I was writhing in pain. Every other morning I have taken Advil when I first notice symptoms so they don't get too much worse.

Dan is hunting this weekend. It is the one weekend every year when he is able to do this. He enjoys it a lot. Maybe this year he will shoot another deer for us to enjoy throughout the winter.

Elijah and I have nothing planned for the weekend, which is nice. I am looking forward to a weekend with my chunky monkey. Tomorrow we may head to Kohls because I have a good coupon. Other than that, we will just be hanging out at home.

Please pray for our good friends tonight. Andrew lost his sister to cancer today. They were on their way to say "goodbye" but she passed away before they got there. She was very young (38ish) and had a familly of her own. My heart has been breaking for them all day long. Please pray for peace for them. Good night. I'm heading to bed. Thanks for checking in on us.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friends they will be in our prayers.
I am sorry to hear you have had a stressfull week I also get migrans so I know what it is like. I take Migraine Excedrin it seems to take the edge off for me. I hope you finish your project on time and do not stress to much over it. Enjoy your weekend with your cute monkey. Lots of love Karen

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh gosh.. it is sad to hear about your friend.. cancer is soo scary...

Fiornal sp? is a great prescription for migranes..

they were saying that women who suffer from migranes have less instances of breast cancer... yeah.. heard that on the news....

how do the come to study such things???

anyway...
love those pics... he's so darling.

Tina:0) said...

So sorry to hear of your friend's loss... they'll be in our prayers.

That little man of yours is tooo cute! He & Vaeh would make great pals as she has just recently fell in love with Bob! Even when she sees Larry, she says "Bob!"

Hope you have nice, migraine-free weekend!

jencooper said...

He is ADORABLE!!! This mommy loves the dollar spot too!! It is one of my favorite places to shop.

I hope that your head starts feeling better...and that you make your deadline.

We will say some prayers for your friends.

Enjoy your weekend!!

<3,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

I sure do miss you all.

ROAR! Love Eli the Lion. Hilarious.

Sending healing thoughts to your friends.

I hope to see you all very soon. With love...

Kathy said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.

and the migranes...tell Dan that GOOD lovin' helps those!!

I love the kids in hats...Elijah looks like a little gangster...I LOVE IT!!! He's just looking so much older and bigger..he's amazing!

Hope you have a restful weekend!

Samantha said...

I am so sorry for your friends...that makes me very sad to hear. Many prayers being said for them.

Eli looks fabulous as always and it makes me so happy to see him enjoying his pillow :) I am so happy that you thought of having that made for him!!!

I am sorry for the stressful week at work and I hope that the migraines go away! They are NO fun!

I hope you had a great weekend!!!

Much love,
Samantha