Sunday, July 18, 2010

Mommy-Elijah time



We had a much better day today! Dan's mom took care of Sam for a few hours this morning (soooo thankful for my wonderful mother-in-law!) while Elijah and I went to an airshow together. It is something we have done together for the past two summers, so it was special to be able to do this with him again. He still isn't super interested in the airplanes. The bouncy toys appealed to him much more than anything else.



Elijah still isn't super confident when it comes to his gross motor skills. He doesn't always push himself in this area, so I was surprised to see him climb up this little hill on his own. Look at the determination!



I can do it, I can do it!



I made it, Mom!



We still can't control that hair, even when it is cut short.



After the airshow, we went to a "ress-rant" for lunch. After our challenging day yesterday, it was really nice to have this time with my biggest boy. I love him so much.



Samson slept well last night and had a great day today. I think he was utterly exhausted after yesterday. Sleep is a huge priority for Sam. I already knew this about him, but after what we went through yesterday I will be extra careful about making sure he gets his daytime sleep. Overtired Sam = not fun for anyone.

I can't fathom the idea that Dan is going to be home with us for the next two days. It has been a long and challenging last couple of days and I am looking forward to having some help AND seeing my wonderful, hard-working and tired husband.

4 comments:

mina said...

Love that quality one-on-one time! And I love Elijah's summer haircut too!

Cecilia said...

Well done, Elijah!

Love his hair, just cute and adorable. Glad you had quality time and great fun with your big boy.

Have a nice week!

Unknown said...

So glad you and Elijah had some one-on-one time. I love his new hair cut...makes him look like such a big boy!

Praying for a calm, sleep-filled week for you and Sam.

Love,
Deb

Unknown said...

That is so good you and Elijah had some mommy time together what fun he must have had. I just love all of the photos of him and I love his new haircut.