Monday, July 26, 2010

Wittle spwash pool



I start feeling a little cooped up after a few days at home with both boys. It is nearly impossible to get out of the house and have an enjoyable time with both of them. Like I have said before, Sam loves to scream in the car and/or the stroller so that always makes things a little bit stressful. Maybe I should start walking through public places with earplugs in.



When Dan is home I make sure to take advantage of the freedom. This morning I took Elijah to the same splash pad I took him to last week. He had a great time.



He insisted on going down the slide by himself. I sat back, knowing that some sort of fall was inevitable. His little torso just isn't quite strong enough for him to do slides on his own yet. Sure enough, he fell backwards and hit head and then kind of got stuck at the bottom. All was well after a few good tears and mommy kisses.



He is such an observer. When around other children, he mostly prefers to sit back and watch them play. So, he enjoyed having a snack and watching the other kids splash around.



We are in the middle of doing Sleep Bootcamp with Samson right now. It had gotten to the point where I was basically soothing him non-stop, all day long. I didn't have time to use the restroom, eat, take care of Elijah or take a shower and brush my teeth. I finally decided that he just has to learn to go to sleep on his own a little bit. I go back to work in a few weeks and I can't leave him with someone else when he is so dependent on constant soothing. We have had to listen to some (more) screaming, but I think this will be best for all of us.



That fever Elijah had last week never turned into anything, thank goodness. I still keep thinking about it. It's kind of weird that he would have a fever for just a few hours.



Dan and Sam are sleeping, so Elijah and I are going to go join them. Aaaahhhh, sleep.

5 comments:

Cecilia said...

Glad you spent some quality with Elijah, he looked like he had great fun!

Love all those photos!

Have a nice week!

Unknown said...

I just love all of the photos of Elijah he is getting so big. He is such a big boy swimming by himself. I love his expressions :)
It is so cute how he is very observent of all the other kids, Logan is the same way.
Glad you all had fun, you need a break everynow and then and get out, I know how you feel about being cooped up. It is hard to get out with my three kids.

The Smith's said...

WOW! What a cool splash pad! I wish we had one of those locally.

I think so often when we are in the midst of disciplining and training and correcting, that the harder you work now, the better it will be later. So good for you for doing the hard thing right now and letting Samson fall asleep on his own. I think you're right, I think it will pay off very soon!

Have a great week!!

Kathy said...

oh..i could do some MAJOR munching on Elijah's cute little face~

he looks like the happiest kiddo around!

and Mr. Sam..I hope he decides to get with the program and stop all that screaming. I can remember..and only imagine. I have ear plugs for you..pink ones.

kiss them both for me.
kathy

MDPhoto said...

We want to go here with you guys!