Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The past few days



Our "weekend" with Dan is over, so here we are starting a new week. The days he is home with us go way too fast.

We brought Sam to the doctor on Monday, just to get him looked at after all of his gas/fussiness issues last week. Everything is fine. The doctor said our Sammy just has some anatomical problems that prevent air (and other things) from leaving his body very well. All is well, though, and it will resolve on its own. Get this! Sammy weighs ELEVEN POUNDS! That is a one pound per week weight gain for the past four weeks.

Sam started smiling this week! I have only seen it a few times, but it is a beautiful little smile. I can't wait to see more of it!

I took Elijah to a splash pad for a while after his physical therapy appointment yesterday. He loved it! He keeps saying, "Go wittle splash pool?" I promised him we can go back next week.

Last night Dan and I had our first evening away since Sam was born. Our friends Jess and Brent offered to watch the boys for a few hours while we got out of the house. It was wonderful! I love my alone time with my husband.

We are having a good day so far. I hope you all are doing well, too!

2 comments:

Cecilia said...

Glad to know everything is going so well with you guys! Can't wait to see Sam's beautiful little smile!

Have a great week!

Sarah said...

Happy your getting little special moments away with Elijah - I'm sure that makes you both happy. Poor Sam and his belly... hopefully this resolves soon. Can't wait to see a picture of his smile.