Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back to work

It has been ten weeks since this unforgettable day..



..so that means it is time for me to go back to work. I am feeling very sad about it. Sammy will be going to daycare Wednesdays through Fridays and Dan will be home with him Mondays and Tuesdays. The thought of leaving our precious little 10-week-old baby with someone else for a good chunk of time makes me very sad.

I know it will get better as we get our new routine down. I'm looking forward to feeling better about it.

Elijah seems to have mostly recovered from our vacations. His mood was greatly improved today. We only had one time-out and he was much more pleasant to be around than previous days. I had a realization today about our big boy. For the past few weeks he has not wanted to play outside at all. He loves being outside, so it has been a little confusing to me. Today it was cool outside for the first time in a long while and Elijah played outside almost all day long. I have always known that Elijah hasn't preferred being hot (and it's funny to see that Samson is the exact opposite), but I wonder if his heart makes him feel yucky when he gets too hot. Have any of you other heart moms noticed this with your heart kids?

Ok, I must go mentally prepare for tomorrow. Thanks for checking in on us.

6 comments:

mina said...

Awwww, I know how hard it is to go back to work with a little one at home, but I'm sure you'll all adjust.

I'm guessing the heat thing may just be a temperament thing; my kids are all different that way too.

Kerry Tylenda-Emmons said...

Hmmm...I don't know. Ruby certainly does not like the heat. However she also hates the cold, rain, wind, sun, snow, and pretty much all things weather related that don't eqaul 70 degree dry partially cloudy weather!

my life: said...

Sweet friend...as I watched my kids head out to school today...the very first day...I thought to myself, "this does not get easier". The older/bigger they get, there are still worries and fears...they just look different. Thinking of you today and praying time goes by super fast and then slows down once you get home to your boys. :0)

Cecilia said...

Don't be sad, Megan. I hope you will feel better soon.

Hugs to you and your two little men!

Unknown said...

Sorry to her you have to go back to work, I know it must be very hard. Hang in there it will get better. Good Luck.

Logan loves to play outside even though it is hot, But I will only allow him to go outside for no more than 30 min. the heat here is so hot and he gets very red because of it. Also it just wears him out.

jencooper said...

I hope that you survived today. Gracie was MAD at me for dropping her off at school this morning. :(

I am glad that Elijah is feeling better. I hope that all of you have recovered from your travels.