Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Panda bears and dentist chairs

"Yet's see," as Elijah says, what is going on with us. Dan worked his bum off last week/weekend and made lots and lots of skydives, so he has been happy to be at home for a couple days. We have loved having him at home! I cherish our time together as a family so much more than I ever have. We have been spending a lot of time outside (grillin' and chillin') after I get home from work. Dan and I started watching Dexter Season 4 last night. Aahhhh, we love this show!



Sam has been a super smiley little guy. We still do not have a nap schedule nailed down, but I am sensing (hoping) it is on the horizon.

He has evolved into such a very good baby. As long as he is rested and fed, he is one happy, content little person.



Elijah got his teeth cleaned by the dentist for the first time yesterday. Dan said he did really well (I was not able to go). The scariest thing for him was when they lowered the chair back while he was sitting in it (there's that gravitational insecurity).

Yesterday morning when I was talking to Elijah about what to expect while at the dentist, he said, "Oh. Dentist? Panda bear! Open mouth!" Hmmmm, I had no idea what this meant. After the visit I asked Dan if a panda bear with an open mouth had any significance. He said, "Yeah, there is a painting on the wall of jungle animals. One of them is a panda bear and his mouth is open because he is chewing on bamboo." Ok, that freaked me out a little bit. We were in that office briefly one other time, six or more months ago. Apparently the open-mouthed panda left an impression on his little mind.

Elijah has been saying "Sure!" a lot. It is so cute how it comes out. It sounds like he is saying "sir," except without being able to say the R sound. So it sounds like "siw," or something like that.

Being back at work gets better with each day that passes. Dan is back in the sky tomorrow. Elijah goes back to preschool next week. Sam seems to be adjusting well to daycare and to our new schedule.

That's about all we've got for now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad thing are going good. Logan is the same way when it comes to gravity insecurity.

Megan I wanted to say thank you so much for your support it means so much to me and I really appreciate it. It is nice to know that someone else went through the same thing I had to indure.

Hope you have a great week.

Cecilia said...

I am glad you guys are doing so well!!!

Have a good week!

jencooper said...

Yea for happy reports!! So glad to hear that things are going well.

Bennett has a memory like that - it blows my mind sometimes.