Monday, August 23, 2010

Tidbits about our Sammy

I love this photo of Sam. It's one of my new favorites.



When Sam is about to cry, he sticks his bottom lip waaaaaay out. This is how I know I have about five seconds to make him happy. I appreciate the warning, especially when it is so darn cute.

His smile (that he wasn't too willing to show off for me this weekend) makes me melt! It lights up his entire face. It is one beautiful little smile.

We just started sitting him in the Bumbo chair and he does really well! After a few minutes of trying to hold his head up he lets it fall backward and rests it on the back of the chair as he looks straight up at the ceiling. That is my cue to remove baby from Bumbo chair.



He is so physically strong! He is constantly doing things that surprise us and that make us say, "Is that normal?"

He has been kicking his leg a lot. Yes, just one (well, mostly). We lay him on his playmat and he will kick that left leg like his life depends on it. There is a rattle that dangles from the top of this same playmat that he spends a lot of time staring at. He has started batting at it with his fists, with great determination.

His sweet baby smell is wonderfully delicious. When I'm feeding him in the middle of the night, I rest my nose on his head and breathe in the scent that I wish would never go away. Yummy!



As I have said many times before, Sammy is one hungry little guy and he has been right from the start. When he is hungry, his little mouth searches for food like crazy. ANYTHING that is near his mouth gets slurped/sucked/attacked/mauled. Most of the time his fists are the victims. We even have to be careful about having blankets or clothes anywhere near his mouth because if a piece of fabric touches his face he will mistake it for food and try to devour it. I will never forget seeing him slurp slurp slurping away at his poor fists for the first time, when we were still in the hospital. We have seen it a hundred times since and it continues to produce much laughter in our house.

Sam is finally getting some love from his big brother! It is very sweet to watch Elijah shower him with attention. He is extremely gentle and gives him nice little tummy rubs and leg pats and head kisses. Just this past weekend he started saying, "I wuv Sam!" without any prompting. He even said it a few times when Sam wasn't in the room with us. I guess Elijah just decided that he was going to love this little person who has been living with us for the past eleven weeks.

3 comments:

Gianna said...

You should mention to your pediatrician that he is favoring one leg.....kinda odd. Cute baby, you can tell Elijah and San are brothers!!

jencooper said...

Ahhh....I am feeling the baby love! He is such a cutie patootie!

Cecilia said...

Oh I love baby smell too ... Sam is so so cute. I can't wait to see photos of Elijah showing his love to baby Sam.

Love those photos of Sam!!!