Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Color

For the longest time, Elijah's eyes were a greyish, nondescript color. Within the past year, they have turned into the most beautiful, colorful eyes I have ever seen.



By the way, it was a miracle (and kind of an accident) that this shot worked. I have tried to get a close-up of his eyes for a while now, but he is always too busy darting around the room for that holding-still nonsense.

Ever since preschool started, Elijah has been having me sit in the corner of the kitchen as he pretends to be my teacher. He stands up in front of "the class" and folds his hands across his belly (so funny!) as he leads me in songs. He even walks to the wall and pretends to turn a knob (that doesn't exist) that turns the pretend music on and off. It is one of the cutest things I have ever seen him do.

One of the songs he sings as he is "teaching" me is the Itsy Bitsy Spider. This is the first time I have ever heard him sing this song, and it is cute cute cute! "The ipsy bipsy pie-der..." :)

He has been making me laugh more than usual lately. He has started saying, "Hi purple Mommy!" (fill in the color with whatever color shirt I'm wearing). The funniest thing in the world to him right now is when I say, "EYELASH CRASH?!?" and give him a surprised expression. I know, it doesn't make sense, but maybe that's why he finds it so funny.

There are a few words that he still hugely mispronounces, but I refuse to correct him because I think they are so cute. He still calls "breakfast" "feckis" and for some reason I love that. The other day he saw me making dinner and said, "Mama have wife?" ("Wife" = "Knife") He stopped himself and said, "Not WIFE! It's KNIFE!" Darn, he's catching on.

That's about all I've got for now! Just wanted to share some funnies about my beautiful-eyed little boy.

9 comments:

mina said...

Those eyes really are gorgeous!

It's funny, Safa used to call knife "yife". I never figured where she got that from. You're right, some of the mispronounced stuff is really cute. My favorite Bilal word is "high-jantic" (instead of gigantic)

Kathy said...

I love him...
It's time for a video of that cute little voice!

Your picture taking skills are getting WAY too good! (you're going to have yourself a lucrative side job pretty soon if you keep it up!)

Munch on the baby necks for me!

Shannon said...

How adorable! I love the mispronounced words too...precious!

His eyes really are gorgeous! Lucky you for getting that shot! :)

Cecilia said...

Yeah I can't wait to watch new videos of your two gorgeous little men!

Love Elijsh's big beautiful eyes!!!

Unknown said...

OMG he is way to cute. And retend playing how much fun is that.

I would love to see some video of him soon.

Tracy said...

I love your little stories about Elijah ... he's so darn cute!! And I don't think I would correct "feckis" either ... that's adorable!

Tina:0) said...

Okay, so my blip is back on the radar:0) Trying to redeem myself in bloggerland!

What a great photo! Such a story in those eyes...

I love the mispronunciations! Vaeh's biggest one now is "packa-puss" = platypus! Love it!

Praying you're all well! Enjoy the upcoming weekend!

my life: said...

Sweet Megan...what a faithful encourager you have been to me! Of course I love this post, because well...I LOVE your sweet family! :0)
Thank you for your support and kind words...consistently. I was thinking you would DEFINITELY get my cyber bff award. ;0)
Thanks again and I love all the stories and photos...even the broken hearted and thought provoking posts...even if I don't comment frequently. :0)

Ann Marie Huttner said...

Hey lady! I am so interested to see what the big project is! I have many speculataions rolling around in my brain! Hang in there, and I hope you have all the sleep you can handle when it's over!