Monday, September 6, 2010

State Fair, Part I

Dan and I have brought Elijah to the State Fair every year of his existence, so we were happy to be able to go again as a family this year. I took so many pictures while we were there that I am going to have to post them in installments.

Elijah started out wearing a Pronto Pup crown.



You wouldn't know from the pictures in this post, but Samson IS with us. He slept through the first little bit of our journey.



Um, Elijah, I think that cow is staring you down.



Then Elijah switched to his Oink Booth crown. Here he was showing a pig the "pig tat" he had on his hand.



Gorgeous hubby.



I'm not sure that Elijah had ever had chocolate milk before. He sucked it down in about five seconds. (Can you see that mosquitoes love our boy?)



Dan got tired of me taking so many pictures.



I loved the action going on in the background of a Corn Dogs flag.



And of course we couldn't leave without loading up on Sweet Martha's Cookies.



I have MANY more photos to share. I have been going crazy taking pictures. I edited over 500 photos this weekend!

Today has been unbelievably wonderful. We rarely have a day when we are all home together, so I have been savoring every moment I get with all THREE of my boys. Thank you, Labor Day!

Elijah's croup from last week turned into a mild sickness. He has had a very slight cough and a runny nose, but thankfully nothing worse than that. It was enough to keep us from going anywhere this weekend, though. The only other thing to report about Elijah is that he has been eating food like a crazyman. Holy cow! I have never ever seen him eat like this! He must be going through a serious growth spurt.

We just cannot get Samson into a good napping routine. Every day seems to be different from the last. We continue to wait for it to fall into place.

Thank you for checking in! I am off to enjoy the rest of my long weekend with my boys (those who aren't already asleep).

4 comments:

mina said...

What a great outing!

Glad Elijah's croup didn't get too bad, I remember those days with Hamza, not too fondly :/

Unknown said...

What a fun time you all had. I am so glad Elijah's Croup did not turn into anything serious.

Hope you all have a great week.

jencooper said...

How fun!! Our state fair starts on the 24th...I can't wait for all of that fried food!!

Glad to hear that everyone is doing well!!

Cecilia said...

Glad you had a great time with your three gorgeous boys!

Love all those pictures, you all look cool, cute and adorable as always!!!