Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pee-gool!

I love this photo of Dan and Sammy chillin' on the couch.



Yesterday was Elijah's first day of preschool for the year! My tummy was all in knots for a few days leading up to it, but his day went really well. I decided that I wanted to drop him off and pick him up myself on the first day, and I'm glad I did that. He seemed surprisingly comfortable in his new class, with his new teachers and new friends buzzing all around him. I hung out for a little bit in the beginning and after about five minutes he looked over at me and said, "Bye, Mom!"

There are a lot more kids in his class this year than there were last year. It was a little bit overwhelming for ME. It is also an integrated classroom, which means half are special ed and half are not. I think this will be great for him!

His teachers said he had a great day, but that he seemed really super stimulated the entire time. When I picked him up he was acting like his happy, normal self. Thirty seconds after getting in the car, he started sobbing uncontrollably. He was one tired little guy! :(

Tomorrow is his first day taking the bus from (and back to) daycare, so my tummy is a little bit in knots again. Please pray for peace for me and protection for Elijah!

In other news, I'm exhausted. I am working on a really exciting (personal) project with a friend, so that is taking up all of my non-working, non-sleeping, non-caring-for-children time. It is worth it, though! I am extremely excited about it!!

One last quick thing. Today Samson is the EXACT AGE Elijah was when he had his first open heart surgery!

Not much else has been going on this week. That's about all we have for now!

3 comments:

Kerry Tylenda-Emmons said...

WOW! He is just getting cuter and cuter! Hope Elijah has a good year in preschool :)

The Smith's said...

Oh, the stomach knots...I know them! I'm so glad Elijah was so confident and happy at preschool. For about an hour after picking up Luke from his first day, he was really quiet, not wanting to talk. It's so interesting that these kids need decompression time ... just like us!

Praying his bus adventure goes great today!

Cecilia said...

Love the photo of Dan and baby Sam, so sweet!!!

Elijah is a confident and smart boy, he'll be fine with the bus rides!!!