Sunday, June 29, 2008

Weekend in Iowa

I had such a great weekend. I grabbed my fun skydiver friend Ellen and we headed down to Okoboji, IA, on Friday afternoon. We met up with my college friends at my aunt and uncle's beautiful lake home, since they were out of town visiting my dad and stepmom in North Carolina. The weather wasn't ideal, but we thoroughly enjoyed our time together. I LOVE THOSE GIRLS. We had a wonderful time catching up and being silly. I missed Elijah terribly, especially after having a difficult week last week, but I made up for it by smooching him like crazy today when I got home. He didn't know what to think of all the Mama kisses.


My wonderful college friends, minus MISSY!


The Cute Ellen!!

5 comments:

Tina:0) said...

Glad you were able to get away & have some "mommy time." It makes keeping your sanity a little easier!

Hope you gave him plenty of smooches for all of us, although I'm sure they're no worries there!

Big Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got to have some fun with your friends! You needed to just go have a good time!

I'm sure the boys were thrilled to have you back! And...there's no such thing as getting too many mama kisses so I'm sure Elijah loved it!

Love ya!

Cindy

jencooper said...

Looks like you had blast!! I am sure that you missed that little one and got some good loving when you got home!!

<3,
Jennifer

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed your time away. It's always good to get some mommy time every now and then.

Ann(ie) said...

Thank GOD for girly time!!! Helps to keep us mama's sane!