Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sweetness



Elijah has been showing some stubbornness when eating and napping lately, and he has been a bit extra crabby because of it, but overall we had a really good weekend. On Friday night our sweet friend Debra offered to come watch Elijah so Dan and I could get out of the house. We went and played pool, video games and darts. Don't ask Dan who beat who in Pac-Man (very badly). Saturday morning we went to the dropzone and Dan got quite a few jumps in. I only made one jump but it was awesome! My friend Julie and I jumped through 10,000+ feet of clouds and it was one of the prettiest jumps I've ever made. I was on cloud nine for the rest of the night! We came home this morning and have just been hanging out today. We've gone for a few wagon rides and we have even tried some new foods, which have not been accepted very well. We are really going to have to work on this eating thing. Like I have said before, no picky eaters in this house!


The camera comes out and suddenly Elijah is SO BIG!


Yep, again.

I just put Elijah to bed and..he is just the sweetest boy in the world. It's hard to explain what it is like to watch your baby sleep. He is so innocent and peaceful and I want to protect him from this crazy world. I think I'll build a bubble for him tomorrow.

I hope you all had a nice weekend! Thanks so much for checking in on our boy. He is doing GREAT and we are really enjoying dealing with "normal" baby things right now. August 20th is our next date with the hospital and that seems like a long ways off so that is a good feeling. I will take the picky eating any day!

11 comments:

jencooper said...

Could he be any cuter? Seriously, I have a need to come and munch on him! He is so adorable!!

Hang in there with the picky eating. I read somewhere that you have to introduce foods like 7 or 14 times - something crazy.

Glad that things are so "normal!"

<3,
Jen

Samantha said...

I love that first picture...he looks just like his mommy in that one!

I am glad you had a nice weekend...those are the best!

Love ya!
Samantha

Tina:0) said...

He is just too cute!! Before you know it he will be "so big!"

Glad you & Dan got out & about together! Sometimes even just making it to the mall for an hour or two is helpful!

Pretty good weekend here, & sounds like y'all had a pretty good one, too! Take care!

((Hugs))
Tina:0)

The Portas said...

All right, I admit that Megan did thoroughly whoop my butt in Pacman on Friday, BUT I must add that Normally we are very close and pretty even. Also, don't ask Megan who beat who in darts!

Dan

ps. Megan is sooooo hot, even when travelling at 140 mph towards the earth!!!

Ann(ie) said...

Hi BIG BOY!!! You are too cute for words as usual. Tell your mama if we ever meet in person that we must partake in a PacMan Challenge. I rock the house. ;) **ahem**

(...if I do say so myself..hehe)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys got out of the house. When Robert and I get out of the house togethre, which is normally every 3 months or so, we go play pool and darts too! We're suppose to have a night out this Friday, but we'll just wait and see if that really happens. I have such a hard time leaving Arianna over night....actually I have a hard time leaving her for a few hours.

I still think you are CRAZY for skydiving...but glad you got to jump. You couldn't pay me a million dollars to do that. LOL!

I love the pictures and the 'So BIG' pose!

Kathy said...

I love that he's such a BIG boy!!! I just want to much on those cheeks!

If you build a bubble...would you build me one too...I'll pay you for it! (maybe Isaac could share Elijah's!)

I hope you're feeling better Megan. (I typed you a long comment on your last post, then FORGOT to save it)...We love you guys...and it's nice that you have to only deal with pesky naps, picky eating, and pure cuteness...what a nice break!!!

Lots of love,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

He is sooo cute! I apologize I haven't been around alot - I haven't had a lot of time for reading lately. But I am enjoying catching up and so glad that your adorable little guys is doing so well. He looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Yay, Elijah is stil sooo big! Looks like the general consensus is that he so darn cute! (and I think everyone wants to get ahold of those cheeks!)

Oh, I keep forgetting to tell you...I was wearing my t-shirt in Kroger the other day and the lady behind me in line asked me what "team Elijah" meant. We talked for awhile and I told her about Elijah and all the rest of these precious heart kids that we've grown to know & love. She was telling me that she didn't even realize all this was out there. I said most of us didn't until we had kids with CHD's. It was interesting and then she said the back of the shirt originally caught her attention because it reminded her of the "Partridge Family"!

Glad you had such a great weekend!

Love ya!

Cindy

my life: said...

I found your site from another heart baby's site.... can't remember which one now. Had to say though, WHAT A CUTIE PIE! I love the chub.....
We have a heart baby as well, feel free to check us out. :^)
amber

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!
Glad to hear you and Jules got a good jump in Meg! It was so wonderful to see you all that other day! I realized how much I miss you! Doug and I will be at the DZ on Saturday for a few hours - I hope you'll be out so I watch little "sugarman" for a bit. He's so adorable! I love the So Big! Love the pictures!
Hugs and Kises,
Tammy