Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Krista got me

Alright, I've never done this before because this blog's sole purpose has always been to inform people of Elijah's progress, etc., but since this is like the tenth time someone has asked me to do one of these, I am going to answer some ??s from Krista...so that means that all my heart mama friends have to answer these same questions!

What was I doing 10 years ago today?
I was one year out of college, probably sitting at my desk at Meridian Advertising in Omaha, feverishly working on a tight Super Kmart ad deadline, color-correcting a photo of a slab of raw steak or playing a practical joke on my coworker Ben.

Five things on my to-do list today?
1. Work with Elijah on his physical therapy
2. Meet Jess for movie date!
3. Employee handbook and organize/label PI sheets (work)
4. Send out graduation cards
5. Remove my horribly uncomfortable yet very cute shoes (done, phew!)

Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Candy. ALL candy! Especially the really sugary stuff (thanks, Dad, I got that from you, along with all of the dental work).
2. Edamame seasoned with salt and pepper (Mmmmmmm, haven't had that in a while)
3. Nachos with lots of meat and giant jalapeno slices
4. Fresh or dried fruit
5. Cottage cheese

Five things I'd do if I were a millionaire
1. Put a huge chunk of money toward Congenital Heart Disease research
2. Make lots of food for families stuck in the hospital with their children
3. Put aside $$ for Elijah's education
4. Buy a home that has a yard and no neighbors with yipping dogs
5. Travel a lot (including skydiving and skiing, with family being first priority, obviously)

5 places I've lived...
1. Manning, Iowa
2. Lake Havasu City, Arizona
3. Palm Springs, California
4. Scottsbluff, Nebraska
5. Joplin, Missouri

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Yay...I love learning more about you! I hope that you have fun at the movies tonight! I am jealous!

Love ya!
Samantha

Anonymous said...

I didn't get to comment the past couple days so I want to make sure I say Hooooray for Elijah"!!!! So glad he had a great appt. I think they put that paper down just to entertain these kiddos...Jacob is fascinated by it, too!

I loved reading the things about you (although I don't have any idea what your second favorite snack even is...is it a nut?! Candy & nachos? No problem knowing what those are!!)

BTW...I'm going to go out on a limb and say I'll bet every one of us wants to give that boy a big smooch when we see all his kissy-face pictures!!! Please give him one from me!! :)

Love,

Cindy

Tina:0) said...

I have to agree with the sugar, although anything sweet goes in our family!

Am I to take the last line in your narrative before you answer the questions to mean that I've been tagged?! I don't know if I can think back 10 years!

Hope you have a great rest of your week. Give Elijah a big hug, & smooch on those adorable cheeks from us!

XOXOXOXOXO

Sarah said...

Wow girl... you have lived in a lot of different places! Me and you could share a big thing of Nachos - just the way I like them. One of us should definately win the lottery.

Unknown said...

I lived in New Mexico until I was 9then moved to Tucson to follow our pastors. And yes...I hear I am pretty young, but don't feel like it.