Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Anorexia wouldn't suit me well

I'm so hungry! Ice chips, jello and chicken broth are getting old. When I fed Elijah dinner tonight I took a few bites of what he was eating and my stomach felt really full just after those few bites. I want to go to Big Bowl and pig out on my favorite dish:

red hot pepper chicken noodles
chinese egg noodles, chicken, fresh chili peppers, chopped peanuts, red onions, hot sauce


The doctor told me that if this is all a result from my c-section, that my stomach should start gradually feeling better. If it's not, it won't get better and that will be an indication that there is something more serious going on. So I'm praying it will go away quickly. We have enough health concerns to worry about with our little boy. Plus, I LOVE FOOD AND I MISS IT!

Here is a video I took tonight of Elijah. He was extra tired (so extra whiny, too) and as usual, upset that he couldn't reach his beloved trucks and that Mommy wasn't helping him. Have I mentioned how much he loves trucks? They are good motivation for learning to move. So far, they are the only things that have given him purpose to get places.



Dan is at the dropzone right now trying to finish up his coach rating, which is a step closer to becoming a tandem instructor. He has the most thorough person teaching the (3-day) class (MILES), so he is learning a lot. Elijah is sleeping and I am going to sit outside and read a book because it is beautiful out! I might even try to eat a salad and see how that goes.

UPDATE: Dan called and he PASSED THE COACH COURSE! He didn't have to re-do any jumps (which is seriously a miracle with Miles teaching), so I'm very proud of him!!

11 comments:

Tina:0) said...

MEAN MOMMY!! Just kidding! That's exactly what you should do - btw that's the therapist in me coming out! He's really giving you the raspberrys for not giving him his truck!

Glad that you're still making slow improvements & praying that things continue to go in the right direction for you. Enjoy your book!

jencooper said...

WAY TO GO DAN!! That is awesome! Maybe I can come up north and you can take me for my first jump!

Glad that you are feeling a little better - I hope that you are able to keep some food down.

Keep being mean to the man! He will start moving eventually - and then watch out! Gracie is in to EVERYTHING!!

<3,
Jen

my life: said...

ah, A boy and his trucks. Don't know if I said this earlier or not, but what pulled me into your blog, was his eyes. They are so bright and beautiful, I love them!

Hope you start to feel better soon, the nurse in me feels a bit of concern. (course I work with babies, that should comfort you :^)

Anonymous said...

A couple times it looked like he was gonna just go for it...then he just got ticked off instead! :)

Congratulations, Dan! The thought of all that jumping out of airplanes stuff still scares me to death, but I know it's important to you guys!

Megan, still sending you positive thoughts to straighten out that stomach of yours!

Lots of love,

Cindy

Kathy said...

Hope you start feeling better Megan!

that video was GREAT! He's such a stinker...fake crying and all! Why does these boys bring so much drama...you'd think we had little girls!!

And...congratulate Dan for us...YEAH!!!

Unknown said...

You poor thing, I hope you start feeling better soon.

I just love the video! He is such a little faker. This will definintly get him moving more. I just love the way he looks at his truck!!!

Congratulations to Dan!

Samantha said...

Great News Dan! Way to go! Now you can jump out of those silly planes more...and get paid for it???

Megan...I am so sorry that you are still trying to recover...NO FUN! Hang in there and feel better really soon. I picked up my phone to call you a number of times, but just kept getting pulled in a different direction. I hope your tummy is doing better today.

I love the video of Elijah...what a cutie! Jonathan even sat and watched this one...so you know it was good :)

I am right there with you on the anorexia thing...it would never go over real well with me...I have a love for FOOD! LOTS of it! I wish my hips and thighs were a bit more forgiving of the food I love :)

Have a great day and no more tummy pain!

Love ya!
Samantha

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Yay Dan!!!!!
I sure hope you are feeling better real soon !!!
I am sure eli must have been so confused about the nurse badgering you and not him!!

Colin's Blog said...

Ohh-that video!! You are doing the right thing though-so hard to watch at the same time.

Hope you feel better soon and are able to eat something good and yummy!!

Congrats to Dan but, unfortunately, I am one person who he will never get up in the sky!!

mina said...

Megan, I bet it's those trucks that will really get Elijah moving soon. Bilal's a truck freak too, he won't go to sleep without his dump twunk boot (dump truck book).

Congrats to Dan, and I hope you feel better soon. By the way, your favorite dish sounds yummy!

Ann(ie) said...

YAY Dan!!!!

Ben is a truck man, too. He loves trucks and cars so much!!!