Monday, June 16, 2008

So much for bonding time

You're not going to believe this, but I'm writing this from the hospital right now. And it's not Elijah who is here. It's ME! Ug, so dumb! At 1:30 in the morning I started having horrible stomach pains that lasted until 6:30 when I finally went to the ER to get some drugs. They ran a few tests and the CT scan showed that I have an "obstruction" in my intestines (I know, gross!). I was doped up when the ER doc explained things to me, so all I really heard was "surgery" to remove an "object." For the next five hours I thought I was heading into surgery today to remove a giant tumor. My imagination took me to horrible places.

Finally the doctor stopped by to explain that this obstruction is probably just a kink that is a late result of my c-section. I have to let my insides rest (not eat or drink anything besides ice chips and small amounts of water) for a few days. In most cases, these obstructions clear on their own. If it doesn't clear on its own, surgery will be needed. (I'm not considering that to be an option.) Originally they told me I had to spend the next 2-5 days here. Yuck! The on-call doctor stopped by a few minutes ago and he saw how good I was feeling so he said that if I continue to progress, he may think about letting me come home already tomorrow!

Dan brought Elijah by tonight and I was so sad that they had to leave without me. Elijah looked confused as the nurse checked my vitals instead of his. He kept a very close eye on everyone in the room.

Nurse is here, gotta go..

I want a cheeseburger!

15 comments:

ThePicks said...

I sure hope you get to go home tomorrow. The last thing the porta's need is more hospital time.
Wishing you all the best,
Love,
The RA

THE LYONS FAMILY! said...

Oh No! I'm so sorry! We'll certainly be saying prayers for a quick return home! Michelle

TimnKatienElinSam said...

No!! You guys need some serious time AWAY from the hospital!! I will be sending big time prayers that you are able to avoid surgery. Hang in there! We are thinking about you!

Love,
the Yoders

mina said...

Oh no! I sure hope the obstruction resolves so that you can get back home soon!

Samantha said...

OH NO! I was wondering where you have been today and I was getting a bit worried. I cannot believe that you are sick! Get better soon!

Love ya!
Samantha

Krista said...

What a shock to read your post...I guess we're so used to reading about our little ones being in the hospital..we don't even imagine it could be us mommies!

I sure hope everything "works out" and that you'll be able to rest at home...but no food...Oh..I feel for you friend!

Sending lots of hugs

Anonymous said...

No way! I totally didn't expect to read this. I hope things work themselves out in there soon so NO surgery is needed!

Sending you lots of love and get well wishes!!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh, Megan, I'm so sorry. Poor mom, away from her boy! We hope you feel better soon and that the obstruction resolves itself without much intervention. Did they tell you if they expect this to be a recurring problem?

Take care of yourself, and maybe read a book instead of watching TV -- those food commercials, you know....

Amy, Mitch, & Wilson

Sarah said...

OH NO!!! Prayers for no surgery and a pass home today.

Colin's Blog said...

Just doesn't seem fair-haven't you spent enough time in the hospital already?? Hope you are home really soon and that this will clear up without surgery!

jencooper said...

You have got to be kidding me!! Oh Megan, I am so sorry. I hope that you work your kink out on your own - no more surgery! Get home quick and get some loving on that boy!!

<3,
jennifer

Anonymous said...

Get better quickly.. take care - Sue from work... :)

Anonymous said...

Have you been chewing on rubber bands? Is it possible you swallowed a couple? I know you enjoyed chewing on them when you were younger, but aren't you a little old for that sort of thing?
I've got my fingers crossed that everything improves rapidly and they let you go home to that juicy baby soon!!
Remember, no more rubberbands!!!

Tina:0) said...

Okay, if you wanted that much attention, try to go about getting it another way! Hope you're home & feeling better soon!

XOXOXOXO
Tina:0)

Ann(ie) said...

OH honey. What the hell???? That sucks. I hope you're feeling better. I am going to read more recent posts but I hope that I'm going to hear that you're A-okay and that you got the most fabulous cheeseburger on earth!!!