Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Progress!

Every day for the past week we have been working hard with Elijah on rolling. We have been making him either work to get a toy or at least allow us to help him work to get a toy. If he doesn't do one of these two things, he doesn't get the toy. Yesterday was the first time that he willingly rolled onto his belly by himself and he stayed there for a couple minutes as he played. And he didn't seem to mind! YAY! Progress! He can even sort of get his legs underneath him a little bit and scoot (only maybe an inch or so, but at least it's something!). His arms are really lacking in strength, so we will focus on getting those strong.

He has been napping so much better lately, too. He has been taking one 1.5-2.5 hour nap almost every day! For night sleeping, we are trying to transition him from sleeping from 6pm-6am to sleeping from 7pm-7am. Right now we're doing 6:30-6:30. I'd like to have a little more time with him in the evenings since I don't get home from work till 4:30, so hopefully this works out. He has just been so set on his 6pm-6am schedule for so long that it seems to be ingrained in him.

Not much else to report. Things are pretty low-key right now which I love. Tonight Dan is at a Twins game with his dad. I just put Elijah to bed and I'm going to go read for a bit and go to bed myself! Aaaaahhhh I love sleep.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

sleep is LOVELY!
Glad you've got nothing to report but some FABULOUS rolling!!! I LOVE IT!
Elijah will be one of those kids that never crawl, but just one day start walking around the house (it'll freak you out!!!)
Hope you get some good sleep!
Thanks for the updates!
We love you guys,
Kathy

Tina:0) said...

Yea for the rolling! What wonderful progress. It seemed to mean so much more when Vaeh finally accomplished it, even though she was a little behind!

I agree with Kathy - he'll probably be another one of those stubborn kiddos that doesn't want to crawl until they walk! I know Vaeh has that very stubborn streak in her. We'll blame that on Daddy since he's not here to defend himself.

Enjoy you're night to yourself. I wish I could get my girls on such a sleeping schedule. I'm lucky to get to bed before 11PM! Maybe someday... Have a good night - sleep tight! LOL

Tina:0) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wish Arianna had a schedule...there she goes crying...gotta go to bed.

Love ya!

Samantha said...

Yay for all this great progress. Now that the little man's heart is all fixed up he is going to start to do all sorts of things! What a champion!

Hope Dan had fun at the game last night...and I hope that you got some good sleep!

Love ya!
Samantha

P.S. Sleep schedules...I wish I could get that down with Micah!

Ehlan said...

Good job Elijah---he's getting there!! And glad to hear that his sleep schedule is getting better--for napping anyway!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Elijah!! I'm still amazed at how far he's come since his surgery. He's learing and doing new things every day!!

The 7pm - 7am schedule is a great one. That's what Jacob has been on for as long as I can remember. You get some evening to yourself and still don't have to get up at the crack of dawn. Love it! So glad you guys are finally getting some rest!!!

Yay for low-key! I think we're ALL like that right now so everyone knock on wood that we all stay there!!!!!!

Love ya!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Aw, man... I hit "enter" by accident on the last one before proofing it. I am relinquishing claim to it if it doesn't make sense or is filled with typos!!! :)

Colin's Blog said...

Yeah for rolling!! Isn't it exciting!! These milestones are so special for heart babies. Great to hear about the naps-Colin just started being a good napper and it's such a relief. We have the same issue with bedtime too!! Glad to hear that Elijah's dr's appt went well and that he got an excellent report!!