Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Junction on its way out? Could it be?

I'm recycling photos again.



Do you know how some weeks just stink? Last week was one of those weeks for me. Elijah was sick and coughing and none of us were sleeping. I was busy at work and trying to get Christmas gifts in order and dealing with very cold weather and snowy commutes. The whole week had an overall feel of gloom. Well, this week has been much better. Elijah slept through the entire night last night without coughing or making a single peep!! (I rarely use two exclamation points in a row!) And since we are all sleeping better, everything else seems to be going more smoothly.

We have even made progress with the Jungle Junction weaning! I've gotten Elijah to watch entire non-Junction shows within the past few days, which is a miracle. He seems to have a renewed passion for Veggie Tales, which is sweet music to our ears. There is a Silly Song on one of our Veggie Tales dvds that involves a giant squash sitting on Larry the Cucumber's hat and "squashing" it (ha!). Elijah has seen this Silly Song about a zillion times in his little life, but is suddenly unable to get Big Squash out of his mind. He had me draw about fifty pictures of "Big Gosh" last night and it was the first thing he asked for when I got him out of bed this morning ("Daw Big Gosh pease, Mama!" "You want me to draw Big Squash for you?" "Yes, Mom." I'm not kidding, these are the conversations we have these days! I love it!). And we love YOU, Big Squash, because you are not a character from Jungle Junction! Welcome to our home!

I really wish I could get some of Elijah's walking (he is doing soooo well with this lately!) and talking on video to share with everyone, but every time he sees the camera all he wants to do is watch himself on the display screen. We will have to try to get sneaky. But yes, he has the ability to take quite a few steps on his own now! He doesn't quite have the confidence yet, so Dan and I really have to encourage him before he will try it. And for security, he always needs to have an object or a person nearby before he will attempt it.

We have Elijah's ECSE assessment results meeting tomorrow! I can't wait! More then..

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Hi Megan,

You have been on my mind for about a month now....I'm so sorry for my lack of posts. I can't tell you how many times I've been here to read up on your sweet boy, but haven't had the time to leave a note!

First things first...Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so excited for you! I'm hardly ever on Facebook, but one day I was and I noticed the ultrasound photo...I kept wondering, "Does that mean what I think it does?!" I was so happy to come here and see that, "YES!" it means what I thought it did!!! :) I will be praying for that little blessing and for you, too.

And I am so thrilled to hear that Elijah's talking and walking are coming along! It's just awesome to hear that he's actually putting sentences together now! And I'd love to see video of him learning to walk, but I totally understand him wanting to watch himself because Emma does the same thing. It cracks me up!

I wanted to thank you, too, for your kind notes on Emma's site....they mean so much to me.

Have a good day and give that cute little man a big hug from us!

Love,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)

Unknown said...

I LOVE veggie tales and Big Squash. I love these posts with the conversations you are having with Elijah and how he says the words! So neat.

Also glad you're having a better week. Praying abundant blessing poured in, around and through for you 4 ;-)!
xoxox
Cara

jencooper said...

We have the same problem with Gracie...she just wants to look at her self on the screen!!

Glad to hear that Big Squash is getting to share some Elijah love!

Ehlan said...

Yes! Bring on the video of wakling & talking! Maybe you could hide the camera in Dan's beard...

Cecilia said...

Yeah, can't wait to see the video of your little man walking and talking!


Good luck to the ECSE assessment results!!!

Have a nice day!

Unknown said...

You have got to be so proud of Elijah and the progress he has made in these past few months, It is just awesome and I am very jelious.

Keep it up little man