Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Pee-pop!

I have had a "pee-pop" (Elijah's word for "lollipop") sitting on the bathroom counter for a week now. He adores pee-pops, so I figured I could use them as a tool in my game of potty bribery. (Ha! That makes "pee-pop" a very appropriate "word!") Elijah will sit down on the potty chair and say, "Pee-pop? PEE-POP? PEE-EE-eeee-PO-oPpppppp!" which is followed by very sad tears rolling down his cheeks after I tell him, "You can have a lollipop after you go potty." Well, today he finally got his beloved pee-pop because he went poopy on the potty! Yay Elijah! Maybe we should start calling it "poo-pop?"

We will be meeting with Elijah's birth-to-three program teachers and therapists on Thursday to go over the results of his recent assessments and testing. I'm really excited to be able to explain what we find out in more detail. One thing I DO know is that Elijah has been approved for ECSE (Early Childhood Special Education) preschool! This is very exciting news! I think he will go to school for a few hours, two mornings per week starting in February. My baby will be going to preschool?! It makes me want to freak out just thinking about that, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. I'll be able to explain more after Thursday's meeting why he is eligible and what will be going on in his classroom.

The poor little cough monster is still coughing quite a bit, although I think it is starting to improve. His sleep is still getting disturbed, but less and less as each night goes by.

Elijah and I are hanging out at home tonight since it is FREEZING outside. This type of cold weather makes driving and running from building to car and car to building pretty miserable. Yuck! Oh well, we can handle it. At least we have a cozy warm house to come home to.

Have a safe, fun, WARM week, everyone!

7 comments:

Ehlan said...

Hooray for potty time!

I am so glad that Elijah qualifies for services; what a blessing to be able to receive special care in his education!

Tina:0) said...

Yay, Elijah!! Try a funny little dance ;0) Might help combined with the "pee-pop"!!

A school goer?! How great is that that he qualified!! I wish Vaeh qualified for a classroom spot. She goes to the class, but only one hour a week, then to therapy for half hour after that. I'm sure you'll do just fine with him going to school. I think I was more upset with Gabby starting kindergarten than Vaeh starting!

Hope you're all doing well!

Kathy said...

pooping in the potty? seriously?
He's growing up too fast!

I'm blowing some warm air your way...
(don't worry....I just brushed my teeth)

Take it easy mama!

hug that cutie pie for me!
kathy

Cecilia said...

Your little man is growing up ... well done!

Good luck to your meeting on Thursday.

Lots of love xoxo

my life: said...

If only Grace could understand what is supposed to go on with that potty. I mean, it's very exciting to sit on it, randomly flush it...but what do we want her to DO exactly? That is the big question! ;0)

You know I understand that whole school thing and let me tell you *as I just put Miss Thing on the bus* it is SO good for her! She absolutely LOVES it. She ran down the drive way with her Christmas bags for her driver and aid...she couldn't wait to get to the bus!
If the school has a good program, it can be such a benefit. Looking forward to hearing ALL about the results!

jencooper said...

Way to go E!! I am so proud of you for pooping in the potty!!

I am so happy that Elijah qualified for school! He is going to continue to grow by leaps and bounds!!

Enjoy some cuddling!!

The Smith's said...

Poopy on the potty?! That's AWESOME! Elijah, you are a star! And I can only imagine how much his pre-school teachers are going to LOVE him. Merry Christmas to your family!

Jesse