Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow, sickness and other bits

I was having fun playing around in Lightroom, so please forgive my repeat photos in this post.



Welcome to winter!! Blowing snow, cold car rides, long commutes to and from work, frozen nostrils...all the fun things have begun! Actually, I'm kind of excited to get Elijah out in the snow this year, once he is feeling better. We haven't really ever introduced him to snow (even thought we've had plenty of opportunity), so this will hopefully be the year for that. It has always seemed a little bit pointless (and unenjoyable?) to just set a non-walking baby down in the snow. It seems like it would be more fun if he could run around, but maybe crawling around with a bulky snowsuit on will work this year.

Well, Elijah has officially caught his first legitimate sickness of the winter. He is coughing and sneezing and a little bit congested and just doesn't feel well overall. We even had to get out the nebulizer for the first time in a while. Dan was home with him today giving him some extra love.



Our spunky boy has not been sleeping well lately. Even before he caught this cold he was waking up many many times during the night and VERY early every morning. And of course when that happens, Dan and I don't sleep well, either. At 4:30 this morning, when I heard Elijah start to make noise, I went into our closet to sleep until Dan woke me up at 6:30. It was glorious! Sorry, Elijah, but not being able to hear you in the early morning hours is kind of nice. Even if I'm sleeping on the floor of a closet.

Some unrelated stuff...

Elijah certainly has good manners these days. I hope this keeps up. He says "peeeeeease" when he asks for something, he says "ank oo" after receiving it and he even says "bess oo" when he hears someone sneeze and "suze me" after he burps. Yesterday he sneezed three times in a row and then said, "Sorry, Mama. Sorry." Silly kid, you don't have to apologize for sneezing. When I am carrying him in my arms and open a door for us to walk through it, he says, "Ank oo, Mom." :)



We have two more weeks of our It Takes Two To Talk class that we have been attending on Thursday evenings. When we signed up for this class Elijah wasn't talking much at all, so we were very excited about gaining a lot of insight from it. He has made so much progress since then that Dan and I don't feel like we have gotten as much out of the class as we had hoped. Very little content presented to us has applied to Elijah, which I guess is great. It means our little talker is doing super!

If you wouldn't mind, please pray for complete health for our little boy and for GOOD SLEEP. Thanks for checking in!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan I am sorry your little man is not feeling well, I hope he gets to feeling better soon. He is just doing so good on him his speech.


When you get a chance can you please email me your address. Thanks Karen

Kathy said...

I need to send you some of Joe's ear plugs.

check...
you're now off my list.
i'll mail them out soon.

That little guy is just too cute. and seriously Megan...KNOWING how to be polite...what those words mean. He's amazing.
Hug him tight for me.
I hope he kicks this cold quickly....NO fun at all starting the holidays off like this.

Ehlan said...

Oh man, I hope this sleep stuff gets better quick for you! 4:30 is not okay...nor is 4:19.... Prayers for sleep soon!!!

Cecilia said...

Hope your little man is feeling better soon.

Sending our prayers your way!

Lots of love xoxo

jencooper said...

Wanna have a slumber party?? Bennett was up at 4:45 this morning....this after Gracie coughed so hard that she threw up in her bed at 11 last night. I am tired! And I do sleep in ear plugs!!

I hope that Mister E starts feeling better very soon.

Can he come tell Gracie how to be polite? She has learned how to say "NO" and says it all the time!

mina said...

Hoping for the sickies to go away soon. Love every version of the pic!

Unknown said...

Hi,

Good one on Snow, sickness and other bits.I recently found out 1 million children are accidentally poisoned in their homes each year.And also I did find the toxins we use in our home here www.debtfreeliving.healthyhometour.com.I think it's time we all know about the toxins we use.

Thanks,
Camilynn