Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pretend sleep



One of Elijah's new things is to ask us to put him into his bed in the middle of the day. Things usually go something like this:

Elijah: In bed!
Me or Dan: You want to get into bed? Now?
E: Yes, Mom (or Dad). Pease, Mom (or Dad).
M or D: Ok, here you go.

Once in bed...

E: Suggle suggle! (as he snuggles with his blankets)
M or D: Good night!
E: Ight Ight, Mom (or Dad).
M or D: See ya!
E: See ya. Wight (light) off!
M or D: Ok, good night!
E: Mama (or Daddy) out!
M or D: Really?
E: Pease shut da door!

Once I close the door I listen in and usually cannot hear him making any noise at all. Or sometimes he will be fake snoring. I wait a few minutes and go back in and...

E: WAKE UP!
M or D: Time to wake up, Elijah!
E: Time gool!
M or D: Yes, it's time to go to school!
E: Miss bus!
M or D: You're going to miss the bus!

Do you think he's excited for school?

I love my silly kid.

9 comments:

joye said...

LOVE this :)

Gotta love those bare baby bottoms, too.

Hope y'all have a very merry "Kickus"!

MDPhoto said...

SOOO Cute!!!! I LOVE the shirt with no pants look, very stylish!!! What a sweetheart.

Cecilia said...

He is so cute! Love those pictures!

Kathy said...

If I let Isaac stand around with no diaper on...he would SURELY pee on everything.

I can't even chance it for a cute bum pic...

that Elijah is just the cutest thing to me!

Ehlan said...

That rump is excellent...as is the story! Stoked for our play date!

Wendy said...

Hi Megan,

What a cute photo! Someday when you're showing it to his girlfriend, he won't think it's so cute! :) (I know from theatening my teenage girls! Ha!)

I wanted to stop by and wish you all a Merry Christmas, or should I say, "Merry Kickus!" :) I love that Elijah is talking so much and so well! And congrats on him making so much progress that he no longer needs speech therapy! That's awesome!

I know he'll love pre-school, and I'm sure you'll just seem him take off as far as his skills go.

Give him a big hug from us! I hope that Santa brings him lots of fun toys tonight!

Merry Christmas!

Lots of Love,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)

Unknown said...

I hope you all have a Merry Kickus

Anonymous said...

That's the kind of conversation that should be recorded! Thanks for sharing! And, Merry Christmas! Barbara

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

He is too clever... Lovin the cute bum!