Monday, December 14, 2009

Kickus is near!

I have some pics of Elijah baring his cute little bottom (why do I just want to pinch that cute bum every time I see it?), but I don't have the energy to get them off my camera right now. Plus, someday Elijah may not appreciate his bum being on the internet.

The holiday party on Friday night was nice. Dan and I treated that night as a special date night since we didn't have Elijah with us and since we got to sleep in ("sleep in" is relative) in a comfy hotel bed on Saturday morning. Elijah had a blast at Grandma's house. He was so excited to play the piano and sing for us again when we got there to pick him up. And again he did the sad "Bye, Gabba" when we left. :(

He had a cough (and snotty nose) all weekend that was bad enough to make Dan and me wince every time we heard it. I'm hoping it will run its course on its own, in standard Elijah Cough fashion. We got to know this "friend" very well, TOO well, last winter, so we are pretty familiar with him and his eccentricities, and his tendency to stay much past his welcome.

Well, Christmas shopping is done (yay!), Christmas gifts are wrapped, Christmas cookies are being baked this week (here and there, when I'm feeling up to it), Christmas cards are not being sent this year (sorry!) and Christmas cleaning will happen on an as-needed basis (yuck). We have some things on our Christmas Giving list to cross off, so we will focus on those things this week and next week. I love leaving the fun stuff for last!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope Elijah gets to feeling better and all the yuckies go away.
Presents wrapped already I am jelious I always wait until Christmas eve to wrap, not by choice though.
Have a good week.

Cecilia said...

Can't wait to see Elijah's cute little bottom ... lol ...

Hope your little man gets better very soon.

Have a good week!

jencooper said...

Christmas shopping...not done. Gift wrapping....not done. Darn I am a slacker!!

Glad that you were able to have a special date night and that E got some special time with his grandparents!!