Thursday, December 10, 2009

Planning an intervention

I'm starting to plan this sick (yet happy) boy's intervention for his Jungle Junction addiction, so let me know if you can attend so I can prepare enough snacks.



Never before has he been so infatuated with anything. We will be in the produce aisle at the grocery store and he'll say, "Watch Dushin'? Peeease?" Ummm, no sweetie, that's not possible right now.

He will hardly tolerate watching any other show on television. Sometimes Dan and I will try to trick him into watching Little Einsteins or Sesame Street, but a few minutes in, he will say, "Watch Dushin' Mama? Peeeease?" Ugh, ok, fine. We don't let him go overboard with watching it. Maybe one show in the morning and one before bed. Still, he knows every line to every episode, and I'm not kidding. We'll be watching it (as Dan and I are gouging out our eyeballs) and Elijah will say, "Hep! Stuck wocks!" Five seconds later, Zooter the Pig will say on tv, "Help, I'm stuck in the rocks!" Kinda freaky.

He even has us take pictures of the tv while Junction is on. Then, throughout the day, when we say, "No, we are not going to watch Jungle Junction right now," for the 500th time, he will say, "See pishure Bungo Bunny?" as he hands us the camera. He then will sit and stare at the photos of all of the characters as he swoons and wishes he could be watching them in action on tv.

At night before bed and after prayers, Elijah always asks me to "Talk Dushin'?" So we sit and talk about the characters and what kinds of animals they are and so on. Sometimes I try to stump him with really hard questions like, "What color is the pond that Toadhog dips into?" or "What does Ellevan touch that makes him start shrinking?" and he gets the answer right every time.

So, please give me a head count for the intervention!

9 comments:

my life: said...

Count me in! Could we pull a Dora intervention at the same time? If so...count Grace in as well. :0)

I love all of the words though...too cute!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Ha, Count me in also. What a litttle cutie pie, He is so smart.

Cecilia said...

Oh your little man is so so cute and smart!

Count us in please!

Have a nice weekend! xoxo

Sarah said...

Crack me up!!! That is so cute! I know... probably not if I had to endure watching it! Evans at that age was the cowboy Wiggles episode called The Wiggly Trail. I can still sing all the songs!

jencooper said...

Do you offer Yo Gabba Gabba interventions? We can't see any new shows....like Junction...because we are always watching Gabba.

At least he is a cutie....

Unknown said...

Too funny! Jade was like that with Nemo. It does end and then, when they are older and watching Spongebob, you wish for the Nemo obsession to come back! Ha! Have a fun weekend! xoxo

mina said...

That is too funny1 Hope you don't have too hard a time with detox ;)

kathy said...

Girl..
I had to put Gabba Gabba on my iphone, so that Isaac could watch it whenever he needs to.
We just need to get you those ear plugs...and Elijah his own portable dvd player.
I can't believe that he knows what's happening next. oh...he's learning so much...let him watch dushin' mom...come on!
(I haven't even seen that show yet...i'll have to find it and see if Isaac likes it)
gotta go find my man a tiny tv...

hug him tight...
kathy

Andrea said...

Look at his adorable face though! How could you ever say no to him?! I think it's so sweet that you guys talk Dushin at bedtime. :)