Friday, January 10, 2014

Baby steps


Elijah showed improvement today! He went from 8ish this morning until 5ish this evening with NO vomiting and minimal nausea. He even kept water/juice/crackers down during that time. Then Dan thought he might be able to handle a light dinner, but that didn't go so well and he has vomited a few times since.

Elijah even willingly raised his bed up a little more than what we've been doing and he tolerated that well. Baby steps!

One thing leaving me unsettled is Elijah's occasional involuntary eye movements. I've mentioned this to the doctors and they have not seemed concerned. Hopefully it's just part of the process, but it freaks me out every time.

I felt a sadness today that I hadn't felt yet. I feel like Dan and I stay pretty positive about these ordeals, but we have our weak times. Today was a weak day for me. I feel an overwhelming sadness about Elijah having to endure so much and it is hard on my heart not to be able to do anything to make him feel better or speed this process along.

Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments: