Sunday, January 12, 2014

Scary night

Ugh, what a night! I am tired, so I'll make this quick. E's BP stayed low until just before 2a, when we saw his lowest number yet (72/42). I started to panic again, so decided I was going to wake him up. I poked, shook, talked loudly to, put my cold hands on his chest/face. Ten minutes or so later he started saying things to me, although it sounded like he had been drinking heavily. Once "awake," his BP was ~80/55. I crawled into bed with him and kept poking at him and with more time, the more awake he became. By 3:00 he was WIDE AWAKE. And guess what! He has been awake ever since! Yikes! Now his readings are back to normal. Praise God! Dr. L just stopped in and agreed that the combination of the two meds caused the low BP. One of the meds is being discontinued. The other we need to keep on board to help with nausea.

Today we will begin attempting meds orally, which is a step toward home. Elijah is playing with play-doh right now and eating breakfast (not play-doh for breakfast, ha!) and he is back to his usual spunky, funny, alert self. Last night was scary. One of my scariest hospital nights yet. I am so incredibly thankful for all of YOU and your prayers and kind words. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

No comments: