Sunday, March 30, 2008

45 degrees is WARM

This was the view out our window last Sunday...



This is what we did today...













Elijah loved the swing! This was his first time to try it out and he was in heaven. The high today was 45 degrees, and that was amazingly warm for us. Finally we get a glimpse of spring! AAAAaaaaaahhhhh, I can't wait for warmer weather. This winter has been particularly harsh and LONG and we are very ready for a change of seasons here in arctic Minnesota.

Let's see, what has been going on with us...well, Dan has been trying out some new styles...



and Elijah has been getting very tired, very early in the evening. He never falls asleep in my arms like this.



And Elijah's toy box has been throwing up toys..



Oh and Elijah has been throwing up, too. We have no idea why. Maybe new teeth? Maybe a sickness? We don't know. He had a 99.5-degree temperature this morning, but aside from this and a few small throw-up sessions, we see nothing unusual. I guess we will keep an eye on things and see what happens. We are PRAYING for no sickness before surgery. We need our man to stay healthy!

I've admittedly been pretty sad lately. I've been crying a lot at night because that's when I think about surgery and what is to come in the next few weeks. I spend every possible moment with my chunky monkey and I've been loving on him and smooching his chubby neck as much as possible. I'm just really anxious about surgery this time around. I don't feel the same strength I felt the last time. I'm praying that will change.

Thanks for checking in on us. I have some cute Elijah stories to share but I'll save them for another post. Thanks for all of the prayers. We love all of our friends and family so much! xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

11 comments:

Erika said...

He is too stinkin' cute.

How about we try to find some strength and calm for each other? I know the anxiety you're feeling all too well. :^| I'm thinking of you and sending some peace your way.

jencooper said...

Yea for warmer weather! It was in the 80's here today!! I can't wait to get Gracie in a swing.

Hang in there! Those couple of weeks were so hard on me too! And, now, Miss Grace is a rock star. Elijah will do AWESOME!! I have complete faith in the boy.

Stay strong. Feel free to call or email if you need to talk!!

jencooper263@yahoo.com

<3,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Oh, Megan, I'm sorry you're sad. You are more than entitled as it must be such a scary time for you right now. Please know that I am praying for you guys all the time.

I hope the little man is feeling better. No sickness allowed over there!!! And... I hope your warm weather sticks around. After all, it is just about APRIL!!!!

Take care,

Cindy

Kathy said...

Megan...
He is still the cutest!!! I can't wait to get Mr. Isaac in a swing...one day!
45 degrees...that's FREEZING...we'd be in our snow gear!!! I make the kids wear a jacket to school when it's only a high of 70!!!
I hate that you're so sad...but, understandably so. But, our little guys are SO strong...
Hey...what exactly are they doing in this surgery. (I'm sure you've told me...but, I forgot). I'm getting old!
We're hugging you right now...don't be sad...your chubster will be just fine!!!
Kathy

Samantha said...

Hi there my friend.

First of all, I have not had a chance to watch the videos yet, but I will tomorrow!

Secondly, I am so sorry you are so sad. I know it must be so scary and uncertain for you, but I am praying very hard for you. I have the surgery on my calendar and I think of you guys all the time. As a matter of fact, there is a small little gift I am going to send up to you guys for the hospital stay...I have to buy it still, but it WILL be there before surgery.

Now on to that adorable, chunky boy...he is just as cute as ever. I am so happy he enjoyed that swing...how fun! I am glad that you had a great day to play. I remember when I first moved down here and people would complain about the 45/50 degrees and I would want to pull out my shorts...now, I am one of them!

I am praying really hard for you all. You can always call me...I will email you my number...I know that I have yours, so maybe I will just call you tomorrow. Hang in there...you are very entitled to your feelings and we are here to support you through it.

Lots of love!
Samantha

Samantha said...

So funny! Kathy and I were writing at the same time!

Krista said...

Spring time and swings...it doesn't get much better! So glad Elijah loved the swing...his smile is so genuine and contagious.

My heart is hurting for you in your pain. I have so much confidence in Elijah...and how strong (and big) he is going into surgery. I know...doesn't take the nerves and pain away...nothing does. I always tried icecream and chocolate...and all I have to show is 10 extra pounds.

You are in my thoughts daily...praying that God will give you the peace you need. Remember...HE is so on top of this.

Love ya lots

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Eli just gives me warm fuzzies everytime I see his picture.. he is adorable... I know the pain you are feeling.. its called being a mother....

Sarah said...

He looks so cute swinging! Sending you hugs Mama...

The Portas said...

Kathy--They'll be closing his VSD and replacing his conduit with a valve. They'll also fix any crazy collaterals if needed.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute!! It is understandable to be sad and worried. We are praying for you guys that all goes well.