Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ways to tell when Elijah is sick

- He wakes up in the morning with dried snot all over his face.

- We have to get up in the middle of the night to suction boogs and give him a nebulizer treatment because he sounds like darth vader when he breathes.

- He won't eat. Not even cottage cheese!

- He freaks out if Mama walks more than two feet away from him.

- He cries when I give him a bath.


I'm just hoping it's not too bad of a sickness. His heart cath is a week from tomorrow and we need him to be healthy for that. He's at home with Daddy today, so hopefully he can get lots of rest and start feeling better. Aside from that, not much is going on with us. We're anxious to get this cath out of the way so we can have a better idea of what lies in store and when. Somehow, for me, it's easier having a date and plan in mind, rather than having a floating, approximate date that could span anywhere over two months.

Two of my heart babies, Emma and Grace, are having big surgeries this week, so please keep them in your prayers.

8 comments:

Samantha said...

Tell Elijah that he is NOT allowed to be sick! Tell him that the Major family is taking that on for him right now. I thought of him yesterday as I ate some cottage cheese for a snack. I am sorry he is not feeling well...maybe it is just the change from the beautiful FL weather to the yucky, cold MN weather?

Prayers for a quick recovery so that you can find some peace with his sweet little heart.

Love,
Samantha

Kathy said...

You knew it was time for the babies to act up again...there was calm among us for a while...and now...BOOM...they all are going crazy again!!
I hope Mr. Eli starts feeling better..poor little thing! Gosh..and the cath is in a week...oh, Elijah...you have to start feeling better...you've got work to do!!!
Kathy

Ehlan said...

Hugs back to Elijah! 'Liv and I hope he recovers quickly! She's got a cold too... :(

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Just when Mommy gets better Elijah gets sick!! Grace has been thinking it's fun to get sick before her cath/ surgery, too! I think they're doing it on purpose to make you guys crazy!! They're no dummies!! Big prayers for him to get over this QUICKLY!!!!

~Cindy

TimnKatienElinSam said...

I am so sick of cold and flu season!! The good thing is the little ones usually recover quickly, so I am sure he will feel better before next week. We will be thinking about you guys so much this coming week. We wish we were back in MN to be there for you. April cannot come fast enough!

Krista said...

It is freaky how all the kids act us at once...I'm going to chart it out and compare with phases of the moon.

Praying that this is just a little scenic detour and you'll be on your way to the heart cath for answers next week!

Spring is coming soon...YEAH!

jencooper said...

No No No!! Eli is not allowed to be sick. I am saying big prayers for the little one. I hope that you are feeling much better.

Thanks for the prayer request for Gracie. Pre-op tomorrow and then the big day. I am so ready for it to be here and be done!

I know that Elijah is going to do great with his heart cath. Grace breezed through - and he doesn't want a girl to show him up!

<3,
Jen

Samantha said...

How is our baby doing today? Just wanted to make sure he is doing better.

Love ya!