Tuesday, March 25, 2008

No Easter this year

I didn't write an Easter update because Elijah and I stayed home and didn't do much. We decided that we want to keep him away from little kid germs until after his surgery just to be on the safe side. So Dan went to church and went to his parents' house for dinner without us, but at least we were able to enjoy (and still are enjoying) some yummy leftovers! A very good friend of mine from Phoenix, Laurie, came into town for a last-minute business trip, so she was able to spend some time with us last weekend. I haven't seen her since our wedding two years ago! And this was the first time she has met Elijah. I think you should move to MN, Laurie! I miss you so much! I know how much you love the weather here.

Elijah has been good. He has gotten over his cold, thankfully. Let's hope it stays that way. He has been a feisty guy these past few days. He's going through some sort of developmental growth spurt right now. He's suddenly being a bit choosy about what food he eats (if you know me, you know how much picky eaters BUG ME, so let's hope it's just a phase) and he just has an all-around feistiness about him that he's never had before. He has been making this scrunchy face that cracks us up. He usually does it when we're feeding him. I have it on video and will TRY to find time to upload that in the next few days.

I have another crazy busy week at work so this week is already insane. I think it's meant to be this way so we don't have to think too much about surgery?!

7 comments:

Samantha said...

Yes, the world works in a way to help distract us when we need to be distracted. Thanks for the update! I was missing you! I totally understand you wanting to keep the germs away...I am the same way!

Love ya!
Samantha

Kathy said...

Yes..keep Mr. Eli in the bubble!!!
Glad you had left overs...I wish I would have cooked so that I could eat leftovers (or I wish that someone would just give me theirs!)
I hope work keeps you GOOD busy (not crazy, pull your hair out busy!)
Megan...I didn't know you didn't like picky eaters. Maybe you could come and scare my boys into eating SOMETHING! and I mean my big boys, not Isaac. They are the WORST! (I know..the monsters that I created!@)
Smoochy moochy on Eli's chin for me...
Love you guys,
Kathy

Andrea said...

I agree, gotta keep Elijah healthy for surgery. And leftovers are one of the best parts of the holidays. Hope you had a nice Easter anyway and we're thinking of you in the next few weeks.

Ehlan said...

I hope you are successful in keeping the little man healthy over the next couple of weeks! Keep yourself busy, but make sure you keep yourself busy with some baby time too! :)

jencooper said...

I am so happy to hear that Eli is feeling better. Just keep on keeping him away from everyone. I wish that I had some yummy leftovers....we had fried chicken from the store down the road. Nice! Give all of those chubby rolls big kisses from Gracie!

<3,
Jennifer

Krista said...

A quiet day at home with the little guy was probably just what you needed! So glad everyone is taking care of you...as you take care of Elijah!

I hope this week goes well...and quick.

Sarah said...

Glad he is feeling better and even showing some spunk!!! I agree with the keeping busy thing... probably keeps you sane too!