Friday, March 7, 2008

Maybe, maybe not

This week has been pretty boring. Boring is good around here. I'm finally getting over this yucky cold. Just in time for the weekend, yay! Elijah has had a low-key week. He got his RSV shot on Wednesday and didn't like that too much. It seems like they should get easier every time, but instead they get more difficult for him. He was 23 lbs. when the nurse weighed him. Chunky boy!

I think Elijah is still catching up on sleep from our trip. We've been putting him to bed at 6:00 every night this week and he is still tired during the day. It's so crazy how this sleep thing works. If he falls asleep a minute after 6:15p, he wakes up very early (between 4:30 and 5:15ish) in the morning. But if he is sleeping before 6:15p, he sleeps soundly until 6:00a. This seems so counterintuitive, but the earlier to bed, the longer the sleep. When he is in catch-up mode like he is now, we shoot for 6:00p as a bedtime until he seems to be somewhat caught up.

I have been hesitant to mention this topic because I haven't wanted to jinx anything, but I don't really believe in jinxing, so.... The awesome company that I work for sends its employees (and spouses) to an off-site sales meeting once a year. In the past I've been fortunate enough to go to places like San Diego, Jamaica and Scottsdale for these meetings. Last year we missed the Grand Cayman meetings because it fell right in the middle of some serious Elijah stuff, so we have been joking that Elijah is going to make sure we don't go to this year's destination, either. Oh, you're wondering where that might be? Ohhh just boring old Maui. Back when we booked the tickets (yes, the tickets are booked!), we were confident that Elijah's surgery would happen much later and that it wouldn't interfere with the Maui dates. Well, now we're not so sure. The sales meeting runs from April 30th to May 4th (we're booked to stay till the 6th), and from the way things are falling into place, it seems like his surgery might be right around that time.

We were originally planning on bringing Elijah with us (and my sister Lissa to watch him while we went to mandatory events), but now it looks like if we are able to go, we would probably just leave him behind. Lissa, do you want a baby at your house for a few days? :) I really don't like being away from him for that long, and I'll probably cry for the first two days (the last time we left him for an extended time, last August when we went to Vegas, I was a complete crazy, nutty wreck for the first 24 hours), but we can't justify risking his health in any way being so close to OHS.

In the grand scope of things, going to Maui doesn't really matter. We're obviously much more concerned about our son and his health and recovery. That is the bottom line. But, wouldn't a trip to Maui be nice? We've had a very long, stressful year, and a long, cold winter (that is not over) so this would just be nice. If it's not in the plan, then that's fine. If it is, YAY MAUI!

p.s. If we went, we'd be staying at this dump.

12 comments:

Ann(ie) said...

OH wow. That IS quite a dump. Sucks how they let those resorty places go these days. hehe. ;) I hope you guys get the getaway. I'm a little freaked about leaving Ben for four days next week when we leave for Chicago, but my mom has promised to show him the time of his life. And I believe her. I think she's excited for us to skip town!!!

Sarah said...

What a dump... couldn't your company find a little bit nicer place to stay, LOL! Glad your feeling better.

Kathy said...

You're too funny Megan!!!
Maybe Mr. Eli can schedule his silly heart surgery around your trip...and you can accomplish both!!! (you are an excellent multi-tasker!)
Ok...I've never asked...where do you work and what do you do??
Have a fun weekend with your boys!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

You sure do deserve a trip to that "Dump". Hope it works out OK for you to go.
All the best from Australia xx

Anonymous said...

I'll cross my fingers for you! It would be great if you could go! The place looks a little ratty, but I'm sure you could find some fun there anyway!!!! Glad you're feeling better!

Have a great weekend!
~Cindy

Unknown said...

I just couldn't stay at a dump like that. LOL! Your so funny. I think a trip to Maui would be great if you feel comfortable leaving Elijah that close to his OHS. I'm sure your sister would take great care of him so you wouldn't have to worry about a thing. What kind of work do you do? maybe I need to get into your line of work. :)

Samantha said...

I am sure that Hawaii would be tons of fun. I agree with Kathy...you are an amazing multi-tasker, so I am sure that Eli can help you arrange for both to happen. I have never left Micah for more than a few hours, so I cannot give any great insight into that whole thing, but I was able to leave N&L when I had to go to Montreal while preggo with Micah...and it was hard...it was just 3 nights, but it is hard to be away from our little ones. I hope that you find some sense of peace with whatever you decide to do with this trip...and I do hope that you get to go and enjoy the warmth...you deserve it!

Love ya!
Samantha
P.S. Sorry if this makes no sense...Micah is getting mad at me right now for typing :)

jencooper said...

Wow - how can you reduce yourself to stay in such a fleabag place? I dont know how you will survive. I hope that Eli decides to allow Mommy to have a vacation! You will have a great time.

<3,
jen

Krista said...

Boring is good~ Glad you are feeling better and that Elijah didn't catch anything nasty!

I can't believe he goes to bed so early! Guess it has it pros and cons...but I just feel for you as you can barely have anytime with the little guy...but I guess more time with the big guy!

I'm sure everything will work out for the best...which ever way it may be concerning the trip...but praying it all works out that you get away...you are definitely deserving!

Ehlan said...

By the looks of that picture, I definately would not want to stay there! I hope it all works out for the best!

Unknown said...

Just stopping by to say hi. Hope your all doing well. Give lil' man a hug and kiss from me!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding? I would snap that juicy baby up in a minute!!! We would spend the whole time nibbling upon him. Don't hesitate to make plans for us to have him -- we would love it!!! Seriously, when I told Emma that he would stay with us she squealed and wants to show him off like a new toy!!!