Sunday, March 16, 2008

Busy weekend

We had a busy weekend! Saturday I took my boys to a Tastefully Simple party (because I can't stand to part with them on the weekends). Luckily, Dan is good friends with the host's boyfriend, so the boys bonded in the kitchen while the girls sampled food and spent money in the living room. Saturday evening we headed to our good friends Ronda and Andrew's house for the night. We celebrated St. Patty's Day! Elijah even got to wear the famous green Porta hat. We had a really good time. This morning we drove home from The Picks' house and for the first time in a long time, headed to church! After church the three of us went out for a spontaneous lunch at the Green Mill. We went home for a long family nap and then went to the Mall of America to meet the awesome Eric, Ellen and Leo, some good skydiving friends of ours. Leo was so cute, sharing his crackers with Elijah. Now Elijah is sleeping and Dan and I are having some down time before bed. We have a big week ahead, with his heart cath on Wednesday. I'm totally dreading it because of the SEVERE separation anxiety E has been displaying lately. I guess we'll see how it goes. Thanks for checking in on us. We appreciate your love and prayers!!


Elijah checking out Ronda and Andrew's cool stained glass elephant lamp


Mommy, what is on my head? (Ellen, do you recognize my shirt??)


Jess taking on the persona of Elvis


Green beer!


Cute Ronda and Andrew pic(k)


Elijah playing with his new toys from Auntie Carolyn and family. He loooooves the drum and tambourine!

7 comments:

TimnKatienElinSam said...

Thank you guys for the birthday gift! The boys LOVE music. It means so much that you thought of them. We will be thinking of you this week and praying SO hard! Megan, I just feel such a closeness with you, as we have had a similar year. Tim ADORES Dan, so I cannot wait to get back to MN and spend some time with your family and see Elijah. I cannot wait!

Blessings,
Katie and the boys

jencooper said...

I love the green hat! Gracie has a cute little dress to wear tomorrow.

I know that the cath is going to be great! He is going to breeze through like a rock star!!

Lots of prayers coming your way....and remember what you told me.....God is good!

<3,
Jen

Kathy said...

Something's wrong with my computer and it isn't showing me the pics!!!
(SO...i'll keep checking back to see if they load!)
Thank you for the bday gift for Isaac...I LOVE IT!!!
You are SUCH a good friend! I don't know what I'd do without you guys and our other heart friends and the support that you give us!
We'll start praying now for Wednesday.
I bet Eli is going to be pretty mad at you for that appointment! (I can just picture that sad little face that he'll make!) But...I hope the procedure goes smoothly, you get to go home that night...and surgery can be put off as long as possible (or can at least be as simple as possible!)
We love you guys!
Sending hugs and prayers your way!
Kathy

Samantha said...

VERSED!!!!!! That is all...have them give him some of that happy juice and he won't even know that you are not with him. They had to give that to Leah before her tonsils/adenoids were removed last year and it did the trick...if he does not pass out before they take him, he will not know what hit him. I don't remember though if he has problems with the Versed...some kids do...I wish I had a continuous Versed drip to me...I think that may be very helpful in my life :)

The pictures are gorgeous...as always! He is such an adorable little boy.

I am sure that once this whole cath thing is passed and you know when the surgery will be, all will be much better in your world. You will have something that is set and there is no more of that "when?". I think that is the hardest thing for me...the not knowing when things will happen...it is like walking around on eggshells.

I left MN before the Mall of America was built and never had a chance to go, so I guess that I need to come back up there. One of the girls I use to babysit is graduating LAW SCHOOL and GETTING MARRIED soon...maybe I will come up and meet you guys while there.

Have a good few days and you know that I will be back to check on you soon.

Lots of love!
Samantha

Ehlan said...

I can't wait till you get those pics fixed! Oli needs an Eli fix! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't see the pictures, either, so I'll keep checking to see if they reload! Big prayers for Eli on Wednesday and also for you and Dan to get through the day and have peace with whatever the cath shows! Hopefully it will all be great.
~Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I'll be online again before your big day tomorrow, so I thought I would write and say good luck. We're thinking about you and praying that everything goes smoothly, with no sedation problems, and with no surprises on the results.

Give that sweet boy a hug from all three of us! (Okay, give yourselves a hug too.)

Amy, Mitch & Wilson