Monday, March 31, 2008

Blah

I feel extra glum today. Maybe part of the reason for it is this...


Yes! More winter!

Or maybe it's because Elijah is in fact sick again. Poor kid, he has a snotty, clogged nose and he has a temp and he keeps sneezing and you can tell that he just doesn't feel well. We have been trying so hard to keep him away from germs. I guess now we will have to be in full quarantine mode because I certainly don't want to postpone surgery. Please pray for quick healing for our boy! And for sanity for us, as we will be confined to our house for the next 15 days.

As I wrote yesterday, I have been feeling pretty sad and weak lately. Something Dan and I try to do every week is take turns picking a Bible verse that we feel is appropriate for the week and talk about it. Well this week it is my turn, so I think these are the perfect verses for me (us) to ponder:

2 Corinthians 12:10
"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

Isaiah 40:31
"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."


On another note, our insurance company decided that Elijah doesn't need his RSV shot this month, which is completely ridiculous, so we are doing what we can to get that approved. We have not been a huge fan of Health Partners since we switched over this year. What? You want to keep your baby from getting RSV before he has open heart surgery? DENIED! That makes total sense.

One cute thing to share, since this post is filled with blah-ness. Elijah still has not said the D sound. Every day, I say to him, "Elijah, say 'Dada,'" and lately he will pause, look at me, and say, "Baba!" Then I'll say, "Ok, now say 'Mama,'" and even though he DOES know how to say the M sound, he will pause, look at me, and say, "Baba!"

10 comments:

Kathy said...

What a stinker...not calling out dada and mama...our guys!!!
Sorry to hear that he isn't feeling good. You know....the warm weather would do wonders for ALL of you! Get time off work and I'll send you a free southwest ticket!(I just got an email and i've earned one!)

ok...well...if you can't fly before surgery...the offer still stands for after he gets better!

Your little man is too smart...he's going to look at you one day and like (Son of the Mask)...say "mother" and freak you guys out!!!
(I'm laughing just thinking about that one!)
We'll talk to you soon!
Take care...and smile sweetie!
Kathy

Samantha said...

I am so sorry that he is not feeling well today. I know that it is just plain yucky outside and that sure does not help matters. I hope that you are doing a bit better now...just keep thinking about "Sharky" and Jonathan...He is still standing firm that he did the right thing...who wants a dragonfly in the house? He is a wreck!

I am glad that you and Dan have such a great idea of finding bible verses that fit you and that you can discuss. I think that religion can sometimes help us. I know that my therapist was just telling me today that I have to learn to just let G-d help me and give up some of my control issues. This is something I think I need to start looking at doing more...now, to find an easy to understand Torah reading...I know NO Hebrew, so reading it in Hebrew certainly won't help.

Anyway...back to YOU! I am worried about you...this is not a characteristic that I have seen much in you and though you are VERY ENTITLED to feel this way, I just hope that you start to feel better soon. You have the most incredible little family and Eli is so strong. Never would someone ever guess that he is a heart baby...let alone, and heart baby with TOF...he looks so good. Just remember what you always say to all the rest of us heart mom's...things will get better.

Maybe the yucky weather is just G-d's way of making sure you stay indoors until the 15th.

Hang in there.

Love ya!
Samantha

Samantha said...

Just realized one more thing...besides all my typos :)

I use to watch KARE 11 all the time in MN. I remember one day I was at a friend's house and there were some really bad tornadoes and the helicopters were flying around them showing them on the tv...just reminded me of that...especially since we had a serious tornado warning today...luckily, no tornadoes touched down! I was SCARED!

Love ya!
Samantha

Anonymous said...

I really like your idea of the bible verses too - there is so much strength to be found in Christ. I hope you begin to feel better soon - there are always dark moments in times like this, but the sun will shine soon. Sending hugs and prayers.

Anonymous said...

Come on, Mr. Elijah, let's kick this cold! Hopefully the weather will warm up and make you all feel better!

Megan, the bible verses are such a great way to stay connected. What a wonderful thing to do. I know that will be helpful to you. Steph and I find different verses and decipher them at times when we need a little extra help. There's also a book called "The Message" that is the bible written in modern language. I always say it's like reading "Jesus was walking down the street one day..." It helped me get through some very tough times and Steph has it on her night stand to read since she can understand it.

Take care of yourself!

Love,

Cindy

Unknown said...

Megan,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and your family and constantly praying for you all. Elijah is the most perfect little boy and is so lucky to have a mother that is always so bright and happy. But, there are moments when it is hard to be happy and that's ok, too. It's good to let those feelings out.

Wish I could send some CA sun that way to cheer you up...O,wait! Close your eyes...do you see/feel it?

xo

Anonymous said...

You are so sensible to stay away from people until the surgery - you do not want any more germs creeping in to weaken his defenses. Open some windows to let some fresh air in and occupy him with lots of toys and games (I'm sure he loves the Hammer Away!!!!) ON another note - have you seen how my Team Fundraising efforts are going? I even had a friend from England donate AND I have a donation box with a flyer at my friends hair salon and she has offered to put $1 in the box for EVERY product sale she makes!!! Isn't that awesome. Everybody should think about making up a flyer and putting it somewhere to attract attention and more donations - it works.
speak soon
Debs
xxxx

jencooper said...

Hang in there Megan!! I know how much it sucks - I was just there. I had the blahs for a good 3 weeks - cried easily, etc. But now, I look at Grace and see what a fighter she is - and I am happy (or as happy as I can be) that she is teaching me strength beyond words. Eli is such a strong little guy.....and he has an equally strong Mommy. Keep depending on your faith. The Bible has such wonderful direction when look for answers.

Praying for you - as well as the chubster!

<3,
Jennifer

Sarah said...

So sorry to hear Elijah is not feeling well. I'll pray that this passes quickly. You have the right attitude though.... these are troubling times but, keep your eyes on the Lord. Heart Hugs my friend.

Colin's Blog said...

SO sorry Elijah isn't feeling well. I know what it's like to be in quarantine mode!! It's very isolating. Hang in there and just keep looking at that adorable, sweet face!! By the way- the view out your window looks just like the view out my window in Syracuse!! Spring weather will definetely lift our moods-when it finally decides to come and stay for good!! Praying that Elijah recovers quickly.

Melanie